Surface Pen has a loop , Apple Pencil has a pencil case

anon(5415472)

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Surface has a Pen and drew flak or a meh from tech journalists
Apple got a Pencil and every tech journalist loses their minds

MS has long offered a Pen Loop for 4.99 for your Pen and gets called money grubbing greedy M$
Apple recently sells a Pencil case for 29.00 for your Pencil and tech sites call it stylish and glorious.

Blurb from both stores

Surface Pen Loop -
Keep your Surface Pen close at hand with the Surface Pen Loop. The loop is self-adhesive so you can stick it to your Surface Cover. Secure your Surface Pen with the Pen Loop and have easy access to quickly take notes or mark up a document. Simply stick the Pen Loop to the cover of your Surface and go.

Apple Pencil Case -
A beautifully crafted case for Apple Pencil made of durable leather, it’s available in colors that match other Apple accessories. It protects your Apple Pencil when you're not using it while making a graceful statement — cleanly and precisely designed, just like Apple Pencil.

Something is apparently wrong with the product blurb in the microsoft's store! It's too utilitarian! Apparently blurbs need to be, what do you call it, ah yes, "***-pirational", err I meant "aspirational". Sorry. Help Microsoft Fix the product description so that it can be an "aspirational" product just Apple's product and make it worthy of 4.99 or even 29.00 and wow tech journalists.

Let me go first. I'll substitute Surface pen loop in apple's blurb and see if I suddenly have an unstoppable urge to buy one.

Fixed blurb -
A beautifully crafted holder for the Surface Pen made of durable leather, it’s available in colors that match other Surface accessories. It secures your Surface Pen when you're not using it while making a graceful statement — cleanly and precisely designed, just like the Surface Pen.

How about you, help make an aspirational statement worthy of the lowly Surface Pen Holder like apple descripes its pencil case. Please make liberal use of exquisite, precision-designed, elegant, i.e.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I can only say this, the pen loop I bought for the Surface Pro 3 that is suppose to attach to the cover was a waste of what ever it cost (been a while), took it off the same day. Found this one (see below) it's 'close' to perfect of me, functionally it is perfect. I believe their should be some thought to the function, 'and style' to the accessories... low cost is always a good option, but shouldn't be the only option.

WP_20170608_08_55_26_Pro.jpg

anon(5415472)

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
umm, What?

I guess subtlety is out and I'd have to hit people on the head with it.

Apple just released an overpriced pencil holder for their apple pencil a day or 2 ago. It's just a strip of leather and they're going to sell it for a whopping $29. The surface pen loop which is a little strip of fabric too which was also overpriced at $4.99 looks like a bargain next to that. When the loop came out every tech journalist out there bashed it for the price but when apple released their pencil case they agreed that it was overpriced but still made reasons why it would be worth getting.

So I implied that it must be the marketing that they're using and I put both product descriptions side by side for you to compare. Apple's description is filled with hyperbole while MS is just a plain description. I invited people to attempt to make their own description of the Pen Loop so it sounds like apple's description of their devices and provided an example by substituting Surface Pen Loop for Apple Pencil Case. It was rhetorical in case you didn't catch it.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
My Bad! I figured that Apple had some kind of HIGH-END pen case. I agree, Msft's loop was over priced @ $4.99 for what it did and how it performed (I forget if that included shipping, I will presume it did).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs