Surface Pro Shutting Down or Going To Sleep

MelMaciel

Feb 20, 2017
Visit site
My SP 512gb i7 model just shut off again. I just applied the trick, now I will just wait and see if the issue is resolved. I will post an update in a week.

convergent

May 20, 2017
Visit site
After having my nSP for about 3 weeks, using it daily, I finally had this happen. I was in a meeting using it in tablet mode to take notes. The screen turned off. And so I hit the power button, and it seems to be waking up. Took about 10 seconds to come back on and right back to my OneNote screen in the middle of my notes. The only awkward thing was I needed to rotate the screen to do Windows Hello, and then was back in business.

astondg

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
The only awkward thing was I needed to rotate the screen to do Windows Hello, and then was back in business.

Hello has worked for me, so far, in portrait mode as well as landscape (I haven't tried upside down landscape though). Some people recommended running the Hello 'Improve Recognition' in portrait mode too - although I haven't done that yet.

anon(5327127)

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I repeat: Everyone should at least do this:

Just in case: There's an issue, with Windows 10, on many machines where it ignores the settings that you've created UNTIL you change them in the older power settings section of Windows. Change the sleep time in there and maybe that 'might' help. This isn't what you have but it's worth a shot.

aierm

Aug 22, 2017
Visit site
The above solution worked for me .. I recently bought a Surface Pro i5-7300 -- The fix installed a series of updates that apparently fixed the problem - so far so good!!

Matthew Sardi

Jan 2, 2019
Visit site
We have two of the new Surface Pro's i5 8Gb models.

Seem to have this problem were they both randomly shut down or go to sleep in the middle of doing something. Not sure if it is off or sleep.

After a press of the on button get the white 4 square windows logo and then the surface goes straight back to where it was when it switched off.

These are brand new fresh install and all updated.

Any ideas?

I can't speak for the new models of the surface pro, but I do know with my surface pro 3 it was annoying me how often it would go to sleep and turn off wifi (for example). So far, what seems to work for me is setting the power options to never turning the PC and display off and setting the screensaver to <blank> after "X" minutes.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss