Yellow tint even when night light is turn off

frankdust

Jun 28, 2017
Visit site
I notice that my surface pro 2017 always have a yellow tint even when the night light is turn off. When I wake the screen for one second it will have the regular white and then it turn yellow it's really noticeable.

Anyone else got that issue ? Any way to fix it ?

I'll attach a screen shoot left part is when I wake up and the screen is white and the right part in 2 second later when the screen goes yellow... not sure if we can really tell on the picture but in real life dam it is so noticeable and annoying that I'm taking the time to post it here !20170628_113425.jpg

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
when the color changes a couple seconds after, it's because a color profile was loaded.

I do this for my machines. I color calibrate with a SpyderPro Elite and save to a profile. so when I boot the system, it loads the system profile but then loads my profile.

frankdust

Jun 28, 2017
Visit site
when the color changes a couple seconds after, it's because a color profile was loaded.

I do this for my machines. I color calibrate with a SpyderPro Elite and save to a profile. so when I boot the system, it loads the system profile but then loads my profile.

How can I switch to the profile that as the white color instead of the yellowish one ?

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
How can I switch to the profile that as the white color instead of the yellowish one ?

First, has there been any new software installed since this started happening. A lot of reading apps or art apps install a new profile that makes it either easier to read (by changing the color) or easier to do some sort of workflow.

To check your color profiles, first go to Display settings. You can right-click on the desktop and choose display settings. at the bottom of the display settings is "display adapter properties". click on that. then the rightmost tab says "color management". then click on the "color management" button. you'll see all the color profiles associated with your computer. in the bottom right corner is a "Profiles" button. If you click on that, you can reset back to default. Or you can also adjust any color profile without resetting.

if you want more instructions, I would Google or Bing it.

stnm

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
All new surface pro models i have seen had this yellow tint.

WP_20170707_17_05_05_Rich_LI (2).jpg

New surface in the front, pro4 in the back.

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
The new Surface Pro has an added color space called "Enhanced". It's the Microsoft equivalent of the torch mode of Samsung devices and other devices where the intensity is very strong. Do you have Enhanced enabled?

I don't have any yellow tinting on my system. But I also calibrate all my displays with the Datacolor Spyder5Pro+ device because I need color consistency across all my devices.

stnm

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
It is set to sRGB in the picture. Extended doesn't change much though.

The new pro s display is supposed to be calibrated and i have read in two reviews that calibrating it to a different white point while keeping color accuracy is not possible for whatever reason. (I have no real knowledge about that topic)

Returned mine today. The store had one surface pro on display and it looked normal to me.

stnm

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Oh, and frankdust, have you tried to set the slider in the night light settings to the far right. I was under the impression that it changed something for a while. Maybe it is just a software bug.

larsojam

Oct 3, 2017
Visit site
Hi there, I have the same issue and it drives me nuts. I was able to make it at least somewhat less noticeable (the change over 2 seconds after login is far less dramatic) by doing this:

--Search for "Color Management" and under the "Advanced" tab click on "Calibrate display"
--Click past the first few settings (brightness, contrast, etc) until you get to color balance
--The red, green, and blue sliders were set all the way to the right on my system. If you move the red and green closer to this (about 90% red, about 93% green), it should help:

Screen Tint Settings.jpgScreen Tint Settings.jpg

It's not perfect but pretty close, I plan to play around with it a bit more and see what happens. Good luck!

INTERNATIONAL GAMES

Sep 4, 2018
Visit site
Fixed It!

I notice that my surface pro 2017 always have a yellow tint even when the night light is turn off. When I wake the screen for one second it will have the regular white and then it turn yellow it's really noticeable.

Anyone else got that issue ? Any way to fix it ?

I'll attach a screen shoot left part is when I wake up and the screen is white and the right part in 2 second later when the screen goes yellow... not sure if we can really tell on the picture but in real life dam it is so noticeable and annoying that I'm taking the time to post it here !View attachment 136505

I had the same problem on my HP Windows 10. I was playing around with night light and nothing happened. When I unplugged the cables and re plugged it it worked! maybe try to re-connect the cables and see if it helped.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos