Updated version of SP4 fall 2017

p51

Jan 16, 2017
Visit site
Hello all,

Long time Apple everything user, brand new to the Windows world. Two weeks ago I went shopping for an SP4 to replace my 12.9 iPad Pro (need to be able to install apps for web development--Sublime Text, ATOM etc).

At the store, I was told by a retail associate to hold off on purchasing the device because an updated version of the SP4 with more spec configuration options would be coming out in the next few months.

Has anyone else heard this?

Thank you,

Amazed by what Windows brings to the table!!!

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
The SP4 has been superseded by the new Surface Pro (No longer using a number), it actually came out about a couple of months ago.

Try the Microsoft web site.

p51

Jan 16, 2017
Visit site
I actually meant the surface pro. Will a newer version with more config options be on the horizon like the store associate told me.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I actually meant the surface pro. Will a newer version with more config options be on the horizon like the store associate told me.

Possibly. But nobody knows and the store even if MS store is just assuming. If you wait a year or two you can get the SP6 ;), 3 or 4 years the SP7 ;)

ClintRo

May 28, 2015
Visit site
I really doubt you will see a spec jump in the next few months on the New Surface Pro line.

It would be very unusual to see a spec jump so soon based on Microsoft's past behavior.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon