Dead / Bricked SP4?

Moises Corilloclla

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Last night from the day of this post I was watching videos, checking Instagram, and had edge and facebook open as well. Before that, the device was in sleep mode (pushed the start button and did not reopen for almost an hour). It went back on as it should. As I was scrolling Instagram the screen froze suddenly (it was a bit hot, BTW, but I find that normal, it does go a bit hot when using Chrome), and got no response, no task manager, no error message, nothing. Just a frozen screen.

I forced shut down with power and volume up for around 5 seconds. The screen goes black. Attempt to restart but no response. Fans are running but no screen. Power cable was plugged. Tried the restart process (30 sec power, 15 sec vol+up, power on) but no results.

Is this SP4 bricked for good? If that is the case, is there a chance to recover the info on the device? Sending it back to MSFT is not an option, it will be wiped out! Thanxs for any input.

Oct 5, 2017
Visit site
Last night from the day of this post I was watching videos, checking Instagram, and had edge and facebook open as well. Before that, the device was in sleep mode (pushed the start button and did not reopen for almost an hour). It went back on as it should. As I was scrolling Instagram the screen froze suddenly (it was a bit hot, BTW, but I find that normal, it does go a bit hot when using Chrome), and got no response, no task manager, no error message, nothing. Just a frozen screen.

I forced shut down with power and volume up for around 5 seconds. The screen goes black. Attempt to restart but no response. Fans are running but no screen. Power cable was plugged. Tried the restart process (30 sec power, 15 sec vol+up, power on) but no results.

Is this SP4 bricked for good? If that is the case, is there a chance to recover the info on the device? Sending it back to MSFT is not an option, it will be wiped out! Thanxs for any input.

It has happened to me as well, three times already. Trying the restart process at least hundred times or more will get you to UEFI screen eventually...after that I hace refresged the PC fully, than sevond timw just refreshed it and now I am trying yo revive the PC once again. I will never buy another windows product again after this, I have been recomending the Surface for the past years, no more this is too much. It is definetely the CREATORS UPDATE fault.

miodrage

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Try leaving it on the charger for an hour or so, then press the power button for 30secs. It should boot up. If not, I am sorry, but I think it is dead then.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786