It worked perfectly until it didn't

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I bought a Surface Pro 2 off eBay in perfect working condition. Had no issues with it whatsoever besides that weird bug where it wouldn't cut on for a few minutes inexplicably. Anyway I turned my Surface Pro off the other day and it didn't cut back on but this time for good. I have no idea what happened to it. I bought a new charging brick to see if maybe that was the issue but no dice. I did start to notice this weird orange light blinking on the inside that I didn't notice before. I recorded it on video. I'm thinking maybe it's the battery. Anyone else had this issue happen to their SP2?

https://youtu.be/fyYPqRiqDZA

txaggie2016

May 12, 2013
Visit site
That's strange -- I'm responding with my SP2 right now and, when I saw your video, I had to check mine out. I currently don't (and have never noticed before) that light coming from my device.

Did you ever make any progress in your investigation?

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
That's strange -- I'm responding with my SP2 right now and, when I saw your video, I had to check mine out. I currently don't (and have never noticed before) that light coming from my device.

Did you ever make any progress in your investigation?
Thank you for the lone reply. I thought maybe someone else had experienced this before and would comment on a solution. I'm guessing it needed a battery replacement but I never took it in to the Microsoft Store. I read similar experiences happening on the SP3 forums as well so I think I'm just going to go a different direction as much I like the Surface Pro brand. I saw tips about holding the power button and volume button or going extreme and placing it in the freezer. I just need something I can rely on every time. My old HP Pavilion that I've had for over 5 years still works and has never once not cut on after a full charge so I think I'm just going to go with the HP Spectre X360. There were a few other times when the display would not cut on after charging but it would always come back on eventually. Never thought it was that serious of an issue. Appreciate the response.

txaggie2016

May 12, 2013
Visit site
You're welcome -- I just like to check out the SP2 forum now and then (since I figure us SP2 users are dwindling more each day).

I'm sorry to hear this happened to you. I probably shouldn't say this (because I feel like I'm jinxing myself every time I say something like this) but my SP2 is still chugging along. I bought it used (1 year used when I got it) and that was almost 4 years ago now. My batter life isn't what it used to be but it still serves me well. I got a new job last year that provides a work machine so, honestly, most of what I do happens on that machine but I still use my SP2 a few times a week and still love it.

I definitely would love to upgrade to a newer Surface Pro at some point but, since mine's still working and I already have a work machine, don't see any point in sinking that much money into a new one anytime soon.

Good luck to you!

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
You're welcome -- I just like to check out the SP2 forum now and then (since I figure us SP2 users are dwindling more each day).

I'm sorry to hear this happened to you. I probably shouldn't say this (because I feel like I'm jinxing myself every time I say something like this) but my SP2 is still chugging along. I bought it used (1 year used when I got it) and that was almost 4 years ago now. My batter life isn't what it used to be but it still serves me well. I got a new job last year that provides a work machine so, honestly, most of what I do happens on that machine but I still use my SP2 a few times a week and still love it.

I definitely would love to upgrade to a newer Surface Pro at some point but, since mine's still working and I already have a work machine, don't see any point in sinking that much money into a new one anytime soon.

Good luck to you!
Yeah I appreciate it. There are some really good deals on eBay for the SP3 and even the newer ones but after looking through some of the forums, I just don't know. I was using it mainly for some Sketchbook Pro work and I'm looking to learn some new programs in Adobe or other Autodesk programs. I love the power and portability of these products. But the SP2 was really a great machine. Started almost instantly when it worked and met my expectations. I hope you never run into that issue with yours. I was planning to use my SP2 throughout this year and save up for a brand new more powerful device towards the end of the year.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720