Is it worth repairing the SP3

VimalC

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
My surface died yesterday and it won't start now. I have tired practically everything and still won't turn on. Microsoft is asking for 310 + tax to replace it. It's it worth the tree repair?

Thanks

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Moved to Pro 3 subforum.

Honestly, I would see how much a comparable used Pro 3 is worth, whether you want a Surface, want to spend the money if it is a fair price and make a judgement based upon that.

Although I would recommend making your next device one that's easier to repair. With Macs and Surfaces these days, the slightest thing going wrong could condemn the device.

SurfaceNovice

Dec 28, 2017
Visit site
Recommend trying the freezer method. Sounds absolutely crazy but it worked for me today and I am so grateful because it had been awhile since last backup.

athman8

Mar 23, 2018
Visit site
Last night, I sat down at my desk, and went to log into my SP3. It was already on but on the lock screen. I typed my PIN, but oddly, the login screen was asking for my password instead. I rebooted it from the login screen, just to see of the PIN login would come back. After that, nothing. Just a black screen.I've turned it off and back on a hundred times. I get keyboard lights every time, and 1 out of 20 times, I get the "Surface" logo on the display, then it gives a Recovery blue screen "There are no more Bitlocker recovery options on your PC." It says to "Press the Windows key for UEFI Firmware Settings", but that does nothing. Soon, the Surface just turns off.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb