I need serious help w/my Surface 4

ricardo_1960

Apr 5, 2018
Visit site
About three weeks ago I allowed an automatic windows update to take place overnight. The next day when I turned on my tablet this sign came up:
“ Your computer was not turned off properly, please press here to re-start.” Up until today it hasn’t re-started. I took it to the Microsoft store and they told me there was nothing they could do. It was totally useless. They suggested I buy a new one at a discount.
Has any one ran into a similar situation? The tablet is almost new.
Any advice anyone can give me will be greatly appreciated. If anyone has a number where I can call to get help, please share it with me. I honestly think Microsoft should be held liable.
Kind regards,
Ricardo

Adventurer64

Aug 29, 2017
Visit site
Can you boot from a USB flash drive? I have an older 8" tablet that I thought was bricked after a failed insider build install and was able to recover by booting from a backup USB drive I created that contained original Windows version that came preinstalled on tablet. Sounds like the personal at your MS store aren't very helpful.

miodrage

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Hold down power and volume up for about 30 secs, the device should boot up in a safety mode asking u what to do. Then select fresh install, and install from USB. If this fails, then it means u have a hardware fault. U say ur device is almost new, so u have to have a warranty. Return it, and demand either an express repairment, or a new device.

ricardo_1960

Apr 5, 2018
Visit site
Thank you for your advise. Unfortunately that didn’t work either. It’s been about 15 months since I bought it, so there’s no warranty. At this point I’m trying to find a number where I can call and speak to some one high up with in the Microsoft company. I appreciate any help I can get.

Trakmeister

Jun 8, 2018
Visit site
I have a similar problem. 15 month old Pro4. 3 days ago after auto update of system driver 2.0.2.0 it started crashing after 5-10min of operstion. Took me to UEFI screen then rebooted and kept cycling through. Similar to a fault I read with a recent Windows 10 update for some SSD machines. When I first rang Microsoft I couldn’t get the Surface Diagnostic tool to run long enough so they said it was a hardware fault and I should pay for a changeover. But it seemed to be driver related so I persevered and eventually Diagnostic ran long enough to complete and say there was nothing wrong. But it kept crashing. Then it stopped booting into windows and it was running check disk at start up. But always stopped and crashed. I’ve created a boot USB to reinstall Windows and it can see the partitions but won’t install. I run diskpart and similarly it can identify the partitions but not see the disk drive. So sounds like the SSD driver is defective.
When I get on a computer tomorrow I will download the MS driver from the website. Does anyone know which actual driver file contains the SSD driver? I’ve read that the drives are Samsung NVMe and you can use Samsung drivers but I’d prefer to try to use MS first.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb