Surface Pen vs SP4 Surface Pen

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I just recently upgraded to the Surface Pro (2017). I had the SP3, but with the SP4 Type Cover and SP4 Pen.

I am currently using SP4 Type Cover and SP4 Pen on my new SP2017, however I am contemplating upgrading to the new pen and type cover. What benefits would upgrading them give me.

I don't do a lot of drawing, although, I do use Lightroom regularly. I do take notes though. I'm not having any problems with my current keyboard/pen setup.

Thanks.

ClintRo

May 28, 2015
Visit site
I am not really sure that, unless you are an artist, you would get much benefit from the newer pen except a little lower latency and the magnet is better to stick it to the side of the Surface. One down side is not pen clip..LOL

The Microsoft Surface Pro Type Covers are exactly the same, except for two things: that Alcantara, and the price. To determine if it is worth it for you I would suggest you go play with one at Amazons showroom... you know BestBuy...lol

https://www.windowscentral.com/surface-pro-signature-type-cover-alcantara-worth-extra-30

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I am not really sure that, unless you are an artist, you would get much benefit from the newer pen except a little lower latency and the magnet is better to stick it to the side of the Surface. One down side is not pen clip..LOL

The Microsoft Surface Pro Type Covers are exactly the same, except for two things: that Alcantara, and the price. To determine if it is worth it for you I would suggest you go play with one at Amazons showroom... you know BestBuy...lol

https://www.windowscentral.com/surface-pro-signature-type-cover-alcantara-worth-extra-30

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, our Amazon...err Best Buy (we only have two in the entire state) showrooms here have the old SP4 pens paired with the display models. The reduced latency with the new Surface Pen is significant enough (for me) to make me jump. I was trying it out at our one in only Microsoft store in the entire state and writing on the SP2017 and Surface Studio seemed more accurate and definitely more responsive with the new pen. The clippy thing is handy, but not a show stopper for me.

As far as the Type Cover, I was under the impression that the touch pad was more accurate as well. I think for now, I may get the new pen and stick with my current keyboard. I may also upgrade my mouse too. My daughter said I should go with platinum. I'm not a fan of burgundy and cobalt blue, and black is well...BORING and too mainstream...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro