Anyone replaced/repaired SP3 by Microsoft (in the last months)?

Elmenhorster

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I saw today, that the out of warranty pricing für the Surface Pro 3 is much higher than for SP4 or SP(5) (599USD vs. 450USD). I was wondering, what the reason could be, that it's much more expensive. Could it be, because there are no SP3 left for replacement and they're offering an newer generation or are they hoping, that no one will send in his device at such high prices?
I'm also surprised, that the price only depends on the type and not the configuration. Replacing a SP3 with i3, 4GB and 64GB costs he same as replacing a SP3 with i7, 8GB and 512GB.

Did anybody replace his SP3 in the last month at Microsoft and could write something about this?

I'm using my SP3 since almost 4 years daily more than 8 hours. It's still running great, but I notice, that it's worked a lot in this 4 years. The cooling is working much more, it's getting faster warm and the flash memory isn't as fast as in the beginning and the battery doesn't last that long any more. I thought to let Microsoft replace it in 1-2 years, when the problems getting worse, but at this price, it's much to expensive for my i5/8GB/256GB.

I've seen, that there are damaged SP3 with i7/8GB/512GB on offer on eBay. Does this mean, if I buy one, Microsoft would replace it with a like new device with the same specs? That would be a good offer, since Surface Pro devices with that much memory are really expensive.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb