Instant On, Always Connected

bulls96

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
These are 2 features I am eager to hear about and try out when I get mine.

I do charting on the Go and would love that it stays connected to my Citrix anywhere building I go.

My Surface Go frequently reconnects to wifi when I close the lid sometimes or when I move to another location in the campus.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm in a love, hate relationship with my Go. Despite being dreadfully under powered according to many tech enthusiasts, I get by just fine using it as a mobile workstation. Even from a cold boot, I'm fine waiting and I don't feel like instant-on is essential (yet). But darn that battery life! By the time I get started I feel like it's time to start wrapping up. Even just a few more hours would do wonders. Granted, I could (eventually) upgrade to a Surface Pro 7, but I want to try out a different processor because buying Intel all the time gets old!

bulls96

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
These are 2 features I am eager to hear about and try out when I get mine.

I do charting on the Go and would love that it stays connected to my Citrix anywhere building I go.

My Surface Go frequently reconnects to wifi when I close the lid sometimes or when I move to another location in the campus.
So first day at work with the ProX and the wifi still disconnects sometimes on closing.

I do not have a sim card placed yet. I wonder if you need the Sim to remain connected.

pavvento

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
So first day at work with the ProX and the wifi still disconnects sometimes on closing.

I do not have a sim card placed yet. I wonder if you need the Sim to remain connected.

Have you gone through the settings to set it to always stay connected? I can't remember offhand if that's in wifi or battery settings.

pavvento

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed that since a recent update the "instant on" isn't as consistent as it was in the past. I put it in my bag around 1:30 and just opened it up (5:20)and it froze on the black loading screen with the Windows logo. I'll have to dig around my settings to see why it went into such a deep hibernation after only 4 hours.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234