Surface Pro 7 flickers and becomes unresponsive

hiohbyebye

Feb 4, 2020
Visit site
Hello, as I said in the title, my 3-4 week old surface pro 7 will sometimes start to flicker uncontrollably and becomes unresponsive. In order to stop this i have to hold down the power button to force the shut down. The tablet wouldn't even be under heavy load when this happens. This happened earlier when I used my surface for 15 minutes to look at my notes on onenote. I was wondering if this happens to other people and if there is a way to fix this. Thank you

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
When exactly does this happen? When nothing is happening or is it running something? Is Windows 10 and your drivers all up to date?

anon(5327127)

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Well... other than making sure that you have the very latest firmware updates, it's time to refresh the install. After that, if it continues, you'd then return it for a replacement. (Typed on a SP7 that doesn't flicker)

hiyang

May 16, 2020
Visit site
I have some issue now. It's happened very randomly. I tried reinstall display driver, upgrade to latest windows and reinstall fresh windows with no luck. I ordered a replacement service today. Let's see what Microsoft service can do.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I have some issue now. It's happened very randomly. I tried reinstall display driver, upgrade to latest windows and reinstall fresh windows with no luck. I ordered a replacement service today. Let's see what Microsoft service can do.

I hope they fix that for you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo