Durability?

TechBob

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
I received the Surface Pro X (8/128) about a week or so ago and so far, I am very impressed. It seems more slippery than the older Surface Pros that I have had (the last was a Pro 4). I haven't found a decent case and am thinking that a skin may be my best solution for that.

But I have to say that it seems, not flimsy, but perhaps more delicate is a better term. Less solid. So my question is to those that have had it for a while, especially those that came from an earlier Pro. How durable has it been? Any problems or breakage issues? I do believe that this is a keeper, but I am trying to determine how well this will last for, say, a 2 to 3 year period. Had great success with my previous devices. Just not getting quite the same solid feeling for this device. Please share your observations. Thanks.

jnjroach

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
I've been using it since launch in November as my daily driver - 12-14 hours a day, no issues with durability. I did put the Swarm dBrand Skin on it in the first couple of weeks of ownership. Didn't want a case because I didn't want added bulk.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12