SP7 Requires Long Press of Pwr Button everytime

RealtorTechGuy

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Strange problem 9/10 times when I power in my SP7 the logo flashes then disappears. I need to hold down Pwr Button for 20 seconds, logo flashes, release and the. Power on again. Anyone have this issue?

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
When did this start happening? Did you recently update the OS, drivers, or any software? My first thought is that it's a software issue. If not, then it may be a hardware problem and you'll have to contact Microsoft.

RealtorTechGuy

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. It started about 1 month ago. I believe it was an update. But I figured by now more users would expirence and there would be a fix. Seems like this is not a known issue.

anon(5327127)

May 25, 2011
Visit site
[FONT=&quot]Microsoft has said that a two button reset is like a battery out reset. Complete steps at Force a shut down and restart your Surface[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Step 1: Press and hold the power button on your Surface for 30 seconds and then[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]release it.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Step 2: Press and hold the volume-up button and the power button at the same[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]time for at least 15 seconds and then release both.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] The screen may flash the Surface logo, but continue holding the buttons[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]down for at least 15 seconds.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Step 3: After you release the buttons, wait 10 seconds.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Step 4: Press and release the power button to turn your Surface back on. You[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]should see the Surface logo.[/FONT]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss