Hello all,
    I'm looking to replace my iPad Pro 12.9 (great tablet) with an actual computer. Mainly productivity focused. I'll be running the Office suite, doing internet research, YouTube, & such. Portability is also a big factor for me. I have an iMac at home for heavier lifting.
    Should I wait to see if Microsoft announces a newer version of the SPX or just pull the trigger on one now?
    Thanks!
    08-31-2021 12:50 PM
    With speculation from Dan/Zac that a new Pro X will have a substantially more powerful chip, and it possibly being only a couple of months away, I recommend waiting.
    p51 likes this.
    08-31-2021 02:48 PM
    With speculation from Dan/Zac that a new Pro X will have a substantially more powerful chip, and it possibly being only a couple of months away, I recommend waiting.
    Thank you for the reply & the information. I definitely don't want buyer's remorse a month or two after my purchase. Looks like I'll be wailing a little while longer.
    HeyCori likes this.
    08-31-2021 03:03 PM
    Thank you for the reply & the information. I definitely don't want buyer's remorse a month or two after my purchase. Looks like I'll be wailing a little while longer.
    A Surface event is planned for the 22nd of this month so I guess we'll all know real soon!
    09-02-2021 07:29 PM
    No new X at the recent event. I don’t think I’d need more power, smoother operation and better battery life would be more useful. From reviews, I see everyone says battery life is good but nowhere near what MS say it should have.
    10-06-2021 04:04 AM
    No new X at the recent event. I don’t think I’d need more power, smoother operation and better battery life would be more useful. From reviews, I see everyone says battery life is good but nowhere near what MS say it should have.
    Yeah, I was a bit disappointed by that. I'm now trying to decide between the Surface Pro X(sq2) & the Pro 8. Trying to carry devices that can serve multiple functions (surface = laptop & tablet) as opposed to multiple devices (iPad & Macbook) that each serve a specific function.
    10-09-2021 12:38 PM