Smart Charging Paused

Paul Everist

May 9, 2017
Visit site
As my SP8 spends most of its time plugged into my Surface Dock, I decided to enable "Smart Charging" in the Surface app. I wanted to preserve the life of the battery and this seemed to be a good way to do it.

Today I needed to go out and wanted to make sure the battery was fully charged so "Paused" the Smart Charging. When I got home, I reconnected to the Surface Dock and went to turn Smart Charging back on again. The "Paused" button is now greyed out and Smart Charging is showing the message "currently paused." It doesn't seem that there is any way to turn it back on again.

It seems that others have experienced the same problem. (https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...o/748d0025-51fb-425e-b6c1-c66f488be00a?page=1)

Has anyone here experienced the same issue and found a solution?

Jun 9, 2021
Visit site
If greyed out then according to Microsoft...

"This means that there's no charging/temperature risk on the battery of your device yet (which accelerates battery deterioration or lead to expansion). Pausing of Smart Charging is only temporary, when the system detects that there's a risk based on the battery usage patterns, smart charging will be active again. This means that even though you pause or the pause button is greyed out, the Smart Charging is automatically enabled and will only be active if something triggers it. You will see that heart icon on the battery once it is active".

This is also advised in the link you have given...
So your device is extremely normal and nothing to worry about...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb