11-05-2016 02:34 AM
34 12
tools
    Apples answer to MS studio is to remake the originally implemented idea by Lenovo i.e., adaptive keyboard that changes with apps on ThinkPad X1 Carbon (2nd Gen) and say so-called revolutionizes the keyboard experience :(

BTW Lenovo thinkpad had similar functionalities although not to the extent of Apple's implementation.

Sure the touch bar is more versatile in that it can adapt to a wider range of things and can work with a greater number of apps, but the Dial is cooler and much more creative.
    10-30-2016 03:29 AM
    Perhaps the proper answer should be a waving white flag.
    10-30-2016 04:10 PM
    I don't think Apple can. They have repeatedly refused to merge the two OSs, and now they are writing themselves into a corner while Microsoft proves the utility of 2-in-1s. I feel like Apple couldn't pull off such an undertaking anymore no matter how much they wanted to. it would actually require the iOS and macOS divisions to actually COMMUNICATE.
    calfee20 likes this.
    10-30-2016 05:09 PM
    Apples answer to MS studio is to remake the originally implemented idea by Lenovo i.e., adaptive keyboard that changes with apps on ThinkPad X1 Carbon (2nd Gen) and say so-called revolutionizes the keyboard experience :(

BTW Lenovo thinkpad had similar functionalities although not to the extent of Apple's implementation.

Sure the touch bar is more versatile in that it can adapt to a wider range of things and can work with a greater number of apps, but the Dial is cooler and much more creative.
    They are working with LG, I think. LG released a monitor for them. And maybe they saw the LG V Series.
    10-30-2016 05:19 PM
    Considering Apple is mostly an iPhone business, they are content to nicely iterate the Mac line as is. No need for any 'disruptive' changes. Of course to a real pro, a lack of USB-A/Ethernet/SDXC ports would be quite DISRUPTIVE.

Just like Charlie Sheen, Apple is winning!
    10-31-2016 11:02 PM
    I wonder if apple will bring the touchbar to the ipad pro keyboard. Especially seeing how they can point to it as an upgrade and simultaneously avoid adding in a touchpad then. As silly as it sounds, I am sure we will read how "this changes everything."
    11-01-2016 04:27 PM
    I wonder if apple will bring the touchbar to the ipad pro keyboard. Especially seeing how they can point to it as an upgrade and simultaneously avoid adding in a touchpad then. As silly as it sounds, I am sure we will read how "this changes everything."
    I honestly doubt it. I think it will be pretty much hated for being a UI nightmare for touch typists - and even partial typist like me (I do look down, but only to calibrate my typing as I do have some muscle memory). There is no tactile feedback to make sure you're positioned over the button correctly, and the strip may be in a different mode than what you were expecting leading to accidental commands.
    11-02-2016 01:16 AM
    Apple will continue the innovation of removing ports like SD card readers and headphone jacks to simplify life for us. Then they will backfill by selling you cables and adapters because reality.
    11-04-2016 01:12 PM
    Seems those adapters are being discounted.
    11-05-2016 02:34 AM
34 12