Apple's answer to the Surface Studio?

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Now that the Surface Studio has been announced, we have to keep in mind Apple is holding their event tomorrow.

You think Apple knew about this all along and will announce a competitor as their 'one more thing' to compete with the Studio? Or will they stand pat with their two iPad Pro offerings?

Sound off!

Leonel Funes

Windows 10 & Xbox Champion
Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
For one, I'm not holding my breath for a touchscreen iMac - they want to separate Macs and iPads (macOS vs iOS).

Some rumors say the keyboards might have a strip of screen for shortcuts or something. As for the MacBook Pros, they should be "lighter, thinner, faster"

Happy with what Microsoft showed off today

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
At the very least Mac should give their offerings 2016 hardware specs as opposed to the premium 2013 specs they currently charge for.

orlbuckeye

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
Well Apple would have to introduce touch and pen technology and I don't think they want to go that direction. They are trying hard to take over the business market with IBM getting involved. I even read an article today about Apple moving the MAC from Intel to ARM and use cloud development. Well some Apple developers responded negatively to the article.

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
For one, I'm not holding my breath for a touchscreen iMac - they want to separate Macs and iPads (macOS vs iOS).

Some rumors say the keyboards might have a strip of screen for shortcuts or something. As for the MacBook Pros, they should be "lighter, thinner, faster"

Happy with what Microsoft showed off today

I tend to agree. Very pleased with what Microsoft showed off today as well.

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Im guessing they are too busy rewriting their pitch. Dont worry though the amazing super innovating OLED button thingy is coming lol

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Surface Studio is a very compelling strike at Apple's "creative people use Mac" hype.

Give them till 2018 and they will "invent" everything Studio does now in 2016. I've seen recent blog articles where the latest Microsoft Camera update is credited with copying Live Photos by including Living Images. :winktongue:

stn262

Oct 27, 2016
Visit site
I think that Microsoft starts innovating. Considering Apple uses it's own hardware pieces, Microsoft follows the same path. Time will show

Loc Ngo

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
The only great thing about the new MacBook is the touchpad. Man, I've experienced the one on my friend's Mac, and it was amazing. And for the Touchbar, don't forget that we've already had something similar but much larger: the whole touch screen o_O

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
The only great thing about the new MacBook is the touchpad. Man, I've experienced the one on my friend's Mac, and it was amazing. And for the Touchbar, don't forget that we've already had something similar but much larger: the whole touch screen o_O
I have a SP4 and the touch bar makes complete sense, it brings menu items that are buried to your fingers. Our fingers are on the keyboard and this will save sooooo much time, hope the SP5 has this. A good idea is a good idea, imo all pc's need to have a dial and all keyboards something like a touch bar

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Surface Studio is a very compelling strike at Apple's "creative people use Mac" hype.

Give them till 2018 and they will "invent" everything Studio does now in 2016. I've seen recent blog articles where the latest Microsoft Camera update is credited with copying Live Photos by including Living Images. :winktongue:
as someone that wants to get stuff done I dont care who invented something first, a good idea is a good idea. Who made the first keyboard? we dont see them having digs at Logitech, the Touch Bar is a fantastic idea, the Dial is also fantastic, bring them both to all together!

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
The touchbar could be interesting, but I actually use the function keys on my keyboard a lot. ALT+F4 to close programs, F5 to refresh pages, F2 to rename items, F3 to search, etc. So, I wouldn't want to lose that. Certainly that functionality could be added as touch keys, but you would lose the ability to touch-type these items.

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
The touchbar could be interesting, but I actually use the function keys on my keyboard a lot. ALT+F4 to close programs, F5 to refresh pages, F2 to rename items, F3 to search, etc. So, I wouldn't want to lose that. Certainly that functionality could be added as touch keys, but you would lose the ability to touch-type these items.

You wouldnt, they have a key when pressed immediately shows the function keys. Its also customisable so you can drag and drop what you like. Imagine using Word and you have the formatting options or something else normally buried in a menu, it will save time without taking hands off to grab mouse, move it, click, click, click, anger as its not there anyway, click, click, done, back to Keyboard. I Touch type and its easy if you have the muscle memory. I look forward to seeing it in action by people other than Apple.

Blacklizted

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
I have a SP4 and the touch bar makes complete sense, it brings menu items that are buried to your fingers. Our fingers are on the keyboard and this will save sooooo much time, hope the SP5 has this. A good idea is a good idea, imo all pc's need to have a dial and all keyboards something like a touch bar

No touch bar please!!! I don't want to look up and down between my monitor and keyboard. And I don't want to look at a small strip of LCD that's not facing my direction.

Blacklizted

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site

Exactly! I don't even have to look at the keyboard to know I'm hitting +F4 to hit programs and F5 to refresh web pages.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb