11-05-2016 02:34 AM
34 12
tools
    Now that the Surface Studio has been announced, we have to keep in mind Apple is holding their event tomorrow.

You think Apple knew about this all along and will announce a competitor as their 'one more thing' to compete with the Studio? Or will they stand pat with their two iPad Pro offerings?

Sound off!
    10-26-2016 11:42 AM
    Wouldn't it be an iMac?
    10-26-2016 12:38 PM
    For one, I'm not holding my breath for a touchscreen iMac - they want to separate Macs and iPads (macOS vs iOS).

Some rumors say the keyboards might have a strip of screen for shortcuts or something. As for the MacBook Pros, they should be "lighter, thinner, faster"

Happy with what Microsoft showed off today
    10-26-2016 12:54 PM
    At the very least Mac should give their offerings 2016 hardware specs as opposed to the premium 2013 specs they currently charge for.
    10-26-2016 01:15 PM
    Well Apple would have to introduce touch and pen technology and I don't think they want to go that direction. They are trying hard to take over the business market with IBM getting involved. I even read an article today about Apple moving the MAC from Intel to ARM and use cloud development. Well some Apple developers responded negatively to the article.
    10-26-2016 01:38 PM
    For one, I'm not holding my breath for a touchscreen iMac - they want to separate Macs and iPads (macOS vs iOS).

Some rumors say the keyboards might have a strip of screen for shortcuts or something. As for the MacBook Pros, they should be "lighter, thinner, faster"

Happy with what Microsoft showed off today
    I tend to agree. Very pleased with what Microsoft showed off today as well.
    leonelfunes32 likes this.
    10-26-2016 02:40 PM
    Apple's answer will be: "We made the iMac even thinner!"
    stn262 and mdgs like this.
    10-26-2016 06:23 PM
    That will be very difficult to do!
    10-26-2016 06:58 PM
    Im guessing they are too busy rewriting their pitch. Dont worry though the amazing super innovating OLED button thingy is coming lol
    ananve likes this.
    10-27-2016 04:37 AM
    Surface Studio is a very compelling strike at Apple's "creative people use Mac" hype.

Give them till 2018 and they will "invent" everything Studio does now in 2016. I've seen recent blog articles where the latest Microsoft Camera update is credited with copying Live Photos by including Living Images.
    10-27-2016 09:16 AM
    har har. :) lol

Should be interesting to see what happens as we head into 2017. Really impressed with Microsoft's presentation the other day.
    ananve likes this.
    10-27-2016 10:46 AM
    I think that Microsoft starts innovating. Considering Apple uses it's own hardware pieces, Microsoft follows the same path. Time will show
    10-27-2016 01:30 PM
    Have to admit the Touch Bar looks amazing, every keyboard needs this or something similar.
    10-27-2016 05:37 PM
    The only great thing about the new MacBook is the touchpad. Man, I've experienced the one on my friend's Mac, and it was amazing. And for the Touchbar, don't forget that we've already had something similar but much larger: the whole touch screen O.o
    RumoredNow likes this.
    10-27-2016 11:20 PM
    The only great thing about the new MacBook is the touchpad. Man, I've experienced the one on my friend's Mac, and it was amazing. And for the Touchbar, don't forget that we've already had something similar but much larger: the whole touch screen O.o
    I have a SP4 and the touch bar makes complete sense, it brings menu items that are buried to your fingers. Our fingers are on the keyboard and this will save sooooo much time, hope the SP5 has this. A good idea is a good idea, imo all pc's need to have a dial and all keyboards something like a touch bar
    10-28-2016 07:02 AM
    Surface Studio is a very compelling strike at Apple's "creative people use Mac" hype.

Give them till 2018 and they will "invent" everything Studio does now in 2016. I've seen recent blog articles where the latest Microsoft Camera update is credited with copying Live Photos by including Living Images.
    as someone that wants to get stuff done I dont care who invented something first, a good idea is a good idea. Who made the first keyboard? we dont see them having digs at Logitech, the Touch Bar is a fantastic idea, the Dial is also fantastic, bring them both to all together!
    10-28-2016 07:08 AM
    The touchbar could be interesting, but I actually use the function keys on my keyboard a lot. ALT+F4 to close programs, F5 to refresh pages, F2 to rename items, F3 to search, etc. So, I wouldn't want to lose that. Certainly that functionality could be added as touch keys, but you would lose the ability to touch-type these items.
    Great deal likes this.
    10-28-2016 09:08 AM
    The touchbar could be interesting, but I actually use the function keys on my keyboard a lot. ALT+F4 to close programs, F5 to refresh pages, F2 to rename items, F3 to search, etc. So, I wouldn't want to lose that. Certainly that functionality could be added as touch keys, but you would lose the ability to touch-type these items.
    You wouldnt, they have a key when pressed immediately shows the function keys. Its also customisable so you can drag and drop what you like. Imagine using Word and you have the formatting options or something else normally buried in a menu, it will save time without taking hands off to grab mouse, move it, click, click, click, anger as its not there anyway, click, click, done, back to Keyboard. I Touch type and its easy if you have the muscle memory. I look forward to seeing it in action by people other than Apple.
    10-28-2016 09:33 AM
    I have a SP4 and the touch bar makes complete sense, it brings menu items that are buried to your fingers. Our fingers are on the keyboard and this will save sooooo much time, hope the SP5 has this. A good idea is a good idea, imo all pc's need to have a dial and all keyboards something like a touch bar
    No touch bar please!!! I don't want to look up and down between my monitor and keyboard. And I don't want to look at a small strip of LCD that's not facing my direction.
    orlbuckeye and Flurrycat like this.
    10-28-2016 12:08 PM

Exactly! I don't even have to look at the keyboard to know I'm hitting +F4 to hit programs and F5 to refresh web pages.
    10-28-2016 12:10 PM
    You wouldnt, they have a key when pressed immediately shows the function keys. Its also customisable so you can drag and drop what you like. Imagine using Word and you have the formatting options or something else normally buried in a menu, it will save time without taking hands off to grab mouse, move it, click, click, click, anger as its not there anyway, click, click, done, back to Keyboard. I Touch type and its easy if you have the muscle memory. I look forward to seeing it in action by people other than Apple.
    If you're using the mouse to italicize, underline, copy, paste, etc., then you're not the most productive person on earth. I barely use the mouse when I'm in Excel.
    10-28-2016 12:13 PM
    If you're using the mouse to italicize, underline, copy, paste, etc., then you're not the most productive person on earth. I barely use the mouse when I'm in Excel.
    Probably true, although I managed to set up 2 companies and sell one using my workflow, I guess your one of the few that doesn't use the mouse how about the myriad of options in sat Photoshop, watch the launch, i was sceptical prior to the launch, convert after.

Back on topic this is an interesting article.. Mac v PC - who's cooler now? - BBC News
    10-28-2016 12:20 PM
    Probably true, although I managed to set up 2 companies and sell one using my workflow, I guess your one of the few that doesn't use the mouse how about the myriad of options in sat Photoshop, watch the launch, i was sceptical prior to the launch, convert after.

Back on topic this is an interesting article.. Mac v PC - who's cooler now? - BBC News
    Thanks for sharing the link.

I think the dial makes more sense to me than the touch bar. Sliders on the touch bar is limited due to its real estate, while the Surface Dial can be infinite. The dial also won't take my eyes away from the screen as it operates much simpler (click, rotate clockwise or counter-clockwise). Surface Dial on my left hand, pen on my right and reposition the tools to the right so my index finger has quick access without putting the pen down.
    Great deal likes this.
    10-28-2016 05:05 PM
    Thanks for sharing the link.

I think the dial makes more sense to me than the touch bar. Sliders on the touch bar is limited due to its real estate, while the Surface Dial can be infinite. The dial also won't take my eyes away from the screen as it operates much simpler (click, rotate clockwise or counter-clockwise). Surface Dial on my left hand, pen on my right and reposition the tools to the right so my index finger has quick access without putting the pen down.
    I like the dial, id go as far to say i love the idea of it. However it allows clicking and scrolling and taking hand off the keyboard. Ive thought about this a bit more and think that something like the Touch bar that raises itself to 45 degrees when laptop is open and sinks down flush when closed would be even better, come on MS, beat them at their own game!
    10-29-2016 10:51 AM
    Apples answer was making the Esc key a touch screen. Lol.
    10-29-2016 09:30 PM
34 12