Firmware and Driver Updates

DCW1000

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
New firmware and a number of drivers have just been released for the Studio. I installed them, then resumed Fast Ring subscription and updated to 15007 again. Surprise! The things that were faulty in 15007 before are no longer problems.

I had rolled back to 15002 in order to escape serious problems with video streaming, audio playback, a frozen Edge and a notification center that sent alerts but could not be opened.These all worked from the start on my non-Studio devices, but the Studio couldn't cut those particular dollops of mustard until today's system updates.

DCW1000

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
I am so used to the Fast Ring releases of the Creators Update at this point that I struggle to recall which features available to me are still absent from the latest 14393 updates. I was willing to jump into the fast ring pretty quickly after I got the Studio because I thought a creators device deserved to run a creators update as soon as possible. I do appreciate the fact that the inking ability introduced with the Anniversary Update, which seemed kind of sketchy and rudimentary to me on its first appearance, is smoother and more reliable in the CU. I regularly make use of the screen annotation feature, which seems flawless and is a delight to use on the huge monitor.

The limited downsides to the Fast Ring releases have involved function failures with audio and video. When I moved to 15007, both were broken and I had to roll back to 15002 in order to regain streaming. After the recent firmware updates, I tried 15007 again and found that everything was fine. Then I upgraded to 15014 and the streaming problems returned. So I rolled back to 15007, where I remain.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa