New Surface Laptop Crash

ronlovesr

Jan 15, 2022
Visit site
Nightmare. Purchased i7 512 16g surface laptop studio.

Installed updates several reboots. All updates are good to go.

Installed Office 365 company lic

Installed adobe CS6

Install lightroom and Photoshop 2022

Noticed responsiveness seemed slow. Reboot.

I get the boot black screen windows logo and no further.

Waited 30 minutes just in case there an update "installing"

It will not boot past UEFI. So holding sound down pushing the power but I boot in to the rescue screen. I type in the bitlocker key it attempts a repair. It is unable to repair.

Reinstall
Similar enough to same same thing I did not get through all the updats one of the reboot gives me the same boot issue.

Reinstall
Same thing just was able to get adobe and office in.

I Call Microsoft (they need customer service help) the person on the other end of the phone politely tells me to take it back to best buy. Best buy replaces it promptly. I get it home same issue.

I am only downloading from Microsoft and adobe.

I just restored the second laptop and going to see how it goes.

Any ideas I am open.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
What was the last program you installed before the problem reappeared? You may need to reinstall one, wait a bit to see if it happens again, and then install the next program.

ronlovesr

Jan 15, 2022
Visit site
I have repeated the issue. It is definitely a boot issue that is being caused by installing any of the adobe Creative Suite. I own CS5, 5.5 and 6 each of them when installed on a brand new windows 11 Surface laptop Studio upon rebooting the computer halts on the boot screen at the white windows logo before the spinning dots. I can boot into safe mode uninstall the adobe reboot no change. I can get in to the command prompt run bootrec /fixmbr, scf and rebuildbcd. No joy on all. I have shut down all the starting apps in windows from safe mode. This only happens after installing adobe CS Suites. What is adobe install doing (all three suite versions) during installations that could cause a boot issue. Also they run fine on Windows 10.

Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss