Reservation Card for surface pro

blakej777

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Grabbed mine yesterday. Although they were guarding them like crazy, asked me like 5 times if i was going to buy one for sure. Gotta reserve 128gb though.

Also, apparently pro display units are going out at my local store on Feb 3.

darthhen

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Feb 3?! Which store is that??? So that means you can get yours on Feb. 3??

I got mine in Valley Faire Mall in San Jose. I reserved a 128GB as well.

fc000

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Picked up a reservation card at the Eaton Centre in Toronto, they're taking down all your info and preference for 64 or 128, and will have it ready for pickup at any time on the 9th.

darthhen

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
OKC store. No i have to wait still. But they will have the demo units up.

OK. Thanks. I'll call the San Jose store to see if they'll have it up on February 3rd as well. It would be nice to play with it first before commiting the purchase. The biggest worry I have is the fan noise, if any.

Steve Ridges

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm hoping they give the tech sites a preview, so we can see some of the reviews for this.

Yeah, I'm also looking forward to the reviews. Judging from what people said after CES, I think they will be positive. I want to have something new to read regarding the Surface besides all the stupid articles where people moan about how little free space it has and how it's still to expensive etc. Seems like MS has been getting a bum rap in the media lately and some good reviews could help.

bauerbach

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
tech blogs know their audience.

most mainstream ones cater to apple. a few speak of android. most of the population hate windows for issues largely of their own doing, and people like to read things they already agree with.

Its just good business. news media does the same thing. Everythings a sale.

blakej777

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I'm also looking forward to the reviews. Judging from what people said after CES, I think they will be positive. I want to have something new to read regarding the Surface besides all the stupid articles where people moan about how little free space it has and how it's still to expensive etc. Seems like MS has been getting a bum rap in the media lately and some good reviews could help.

Maybe it was their plan. Get the negative out first then positive reviews. Instead of mixed.

fc000

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site

There's no doubt they've already got review units and are playing with the Pro now. The Surface RT review embargo ended 3 days before it was released, I'm betting Wednesday for Surface Pro reviews.

coolqf

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
tech blogs know their audience.

most mainstream ones cater to apple. a few speak of android. most of the population hate windows for issues largely of their own doing, and people like to read things they already agree with.

Its just good business. news media does the same thing. Everythings a sale.

Come on, give MS at least SOME credit for being in this situation. No matter how you slice it, paying $900 and only getting 20GB of HD available space is simply a hard pill to swallow.

bauerbach

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
eh, that is what it is. every user decides what they need. apple offers a 16gb ipad, which probably has like 10gb free.

with the SHXC slot and fully integrated networking and skydrive access. 20gb might be plenty.

Or you can remove the backup files and you'll have something closer to 35-40gb.

Most people don't know any of this though. MSFT should probably explain it, but yeah, msft marketing department is terribad.

blakej777

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Come on, give MS at least SOME credit for being in this situation. No matter how you slice it, paying $900 and only getting 20GB of HD available space is simply a hard pill to swallow.

That does come with office as well though. So for buyers of 64gb it "could" be enough. If you were light on music/games/videos.

thatguyhugs

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
That is correct. Office only comes with the RT although there might be a bundled option which includes Office but the base model doesn't automatically come with it.

toddpart

Jul 17, 2004
Visit site
I picked up my reservation card for a 128GB Pro at the Boston MS store this afternoon. They have a while bunch of Pro's already in display....it's awesome. The one thing I noticed that gave me pause was the build of the kickstand. Has anyone else who's tried one noticed that it almost feels like plastic instead of the VaporMg on my Surface RT? Also, the Pro kickstand does not have the middle hinge (3 in total) like the RT. Is this how all the Pro's are or maybe just in these display units?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786