Best Buy Pre-Order

hounddogdaddy

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
My local Best Buy called me today to let me know that they are taking pre-orders now! Looks like it paid off to call and harrass them every day since the release date was announced. :)

Attachments

• 2013-02-01 21.49.11.jpg
    2013-02-01 21.49.11.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 26

fitchalcyone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Judging by the slip, it looks like it'll be a pickup.

Thanks for sharing this. Did you have to pay for it up-front or put any money down? I'm still holding out to see if Microsoft will be having any giveaways or promotions again like they did with RT (have a reservation pass), but if not I may just go with Best Buy. I'm a big user of Reward Zone so the Pro would help me out point-wise.

bauerbach

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
good luck with that...

after my lumia 920 preorder at bestbuy, never again.

Ill wander into the msoft store at 9AM and expect Ill have no trouble.

VelJharig

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I just stopped by my local Best Buy in Canada and showed them the SKU and receipt from the States in this thread. They have no information on the Surface Pro, other than they know they are getting it sometime. There is no SKU for the Pro in their system, and there is no reservation information in their computer system. So... looks like we're not getting a pre-order option from Best Buy Canada unless something changes early next week.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Just an FYI. I pre-ordered a Win8 Asus desktop from BestBuy and a SurfaceRT from Microsoft prelaunch. Both didn't charge my debit card till the devices shipped. Actually my card wasn't debited until "after" my desktop was in my hands. BestBuy did do a couple test charges a few days before shipping, reserving and then unreserving the charge. Both arrived on launch day as promised.
Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

darthhen

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Judging by the slip, it looks like it'll be a pickup.

Thanks for sharing this. Did you have to pay for it up-front or put any money down? I'm still holding out to see if Microsoft will be having any giveaways or promotions again like they did with RT (have a reservation pass), but if not I may just go with Best Buy. I'm a big user of Reward Zone so the Pro would help me out point-wise.

Hmmm....I used the WPCentral WP8 app when I replied to this post last night. The picture doesn't show up in the WPCentral app.

Cool! I ordered mine from the M$ store

hounddogdaddy

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I had to purchase the standard Best Buy $50 gift card that will then be applied to the purchase of the Surface and that secures the pre-order. It is the same process that they go through with the Mobile department. I also had a reservation card with the Microsoft Store, but Best Buy will offer 0% financing for 18months, and i will receive Reward Zone points as well.

Microsoft was telling me that they would have a promotional bundle with office pro and their warranty program that would drastically reduce the price of Office 13 but the manager at my Best Buy said that they would figure out a way to match it. They have always treated me very good at this store. Now I just have to find some way to discover the skill of patience... Unlikely.

fitchalcyone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the info. Yeah, I was hoping to see if the Best Buy near me would "match" any sort of promo that Microsoft would have. They don't "know" me there, per se, but I'm a third-year Silver member and hope that may be any leverage to see if they'd work with me.

Then again, if they're giving away Xbox bundles and stuff again, I may just forgo the points for a chance at that again. During the RT launch, the guy right in front of me in line won an Xbox. :p

thatguyhugs

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
With your $1,000 purchase at Best Buy, you will earn rewards of a $20 Best Buy gift card. The Pro isn't listed as a SKU in their system right now but will most likely appear in their weekly ad tomorrow.

The Microsoft Store will offer a two year warranty for the Surface with two years of the Office 365 subscription for "under $200" (I'd guess $175-199) which would usually run about $300 total.

For the RT launch, they offered a free Guide to Windows 8 book as well as a free year of Xbox Music plus held a raffle for some accessories, a Xbox with games and a Windows Phone.

One thing to keep in mind, especially if something were to go wrong with your Pro, is that Best Buy is a third party vendor while the Microsoft Store is a first party vendor.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
With your $1,000 purchase at Best Buy, you will earn rewards of a $20 Best Buy gift card. The Pro isn't listed as a SKU in their system right now but will most likely appear in their weekly ad tomorrow.

The Microsoft Store will offer a two year warranty for the Surface with two years of the Office 365 subscription for "under $200" (I'd guess $175-199) which would usually run about $300 total.

For the RT launch, they offered a free Guide to Windows 8 book as well as a free year of Xbox Music plus held a raffle for some accessories, a Xbox with games and a Windows Phone.

One thing to keep in mind, especially if something were to go wrong with your Pro, is that Best Buy is a third party vendor while the Microsoft Store is a first party vendor.

Microsoft services it regardless of where you buy it.

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up. I am now Preorder #1 at my local Best Buy. Both pros are in their system. If your local Best Buy person says they are not doing it (US only) have a manager look up the notice. Also, they have to go into their "beast" system and choose tablets/other to find it. Hope this helps others.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I got mine and they didn't have to do anything special in the system now that the Surface Pro is up on their Best Buy page as of this morning. I was actually the 4th person and I went an hour after opening.

Steve Ridges

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Just got my pre-order as well. It took them a while to figure out how to do it but I've got the same printout as you. Saturday can't get here soon enough.

Scott Brooks

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Done and done!! :D

E20fmi5l.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs