I wish I could see a Stress test

novaonline

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
According to specs and MS, the Pro will truly act like an ultrabook, but im still skeptical. I really wish I could see a video of someone essentially maxing out the surface pro (like open up a bunch of google chrome tabs, running all the microsoft product at the same time, attempting to run a high end software and/or a game) and also recording its battery drain rate (per test). I'd also like to see its Windows experience index and actually compare it to laptops

Sent from my SGH-T899M using Board Express

Last edited:

darthhen

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Went to my local Microsoft Store to play with the PRO tonight. I ran Prime95 for a bit to see the performance. Here's a screen shot of the Prime95 window on the PRO:
Prime95.jpg

I'm also interested in the Lenovo Helix too. That seems like an interesting device as well.

darthhen

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, it kinda bites that Helix won't be available till April or later now.

At least on paper, the Helix has more features than Surface PRO. Although the Surface PRO is a "cooler" device, maybe it's the Microsoft marketing mind trick. :grin:

BHFH

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm after a Helix or Transformer book myself. I prefer an ultrabook that doubles as a tablet instead of a tablet with keyboard as an afterthought. I really do want to see more RAM though, as autocad runs fine with on board graphics, but might not like the low memory.

darthhen

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I just hope the Helix is good in real life. I read some where that the Helix also has a longer battery life as well. Considering the various reviews out there that discussed battery life on the Surface PRO, I'm kinda shying away from getting it now. I have a X220T right now with i5-2520M (Sandy Bridge), so I might just stick with that for a bit and see what else gets released.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, it kinda bites that Helix won't be available till April or later now.

At least on paper, the Helix has more features than Surface PRO. Although the Surface PRO is a "cooler" device, maybe it's the Microsoft marketing mind trick. :grin:

Neither has a better spec than the Kupa x-15 but you do have to pay for the core i7 and the 8gb ram although its still cheaper than the helix

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm after a Helix or Transformer book myself. I prefer an ultrabook that doubles as a tablet instead of a tablet with keyboard as an afterthought. I really do want to see more RAM though, as autocad runs fine with on board graphics, but might not like the low memory.

Just a little warning the 2012/13 versions of autocad dont like windows 8 very much. Would wait until autodesk sorts out compatibility with windows 8 in this years releases.

BHFH

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Just a little warning the 2012/13 versions of autocad dont like windows 8 very much. Would wait until autodesk sorts out compatibility with windows 8 in this years releases.

We've trialled win8+autocad2012 at work and it runs fine (although it never entered production). It was on a weak as C2D laptop with onboard graphics, but having a SSD helped alot.

thatguyhugs

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
The Helix is great but I don't like the connection to the dock/keyboard...My main concern for most of the tablet convertibles is breaking the connection point and the portability of said device. For my schedule and how I would use the device as a mix of business and personal, the Surface Pro is closest to perfect for me. (The only complaint would be the battery life but 4 hours is still an hour more than my current laptop and supposedly there will be an upcoming battery/keyboard accessory.) Like most technology, however, it is not one size fits all as your needs and desires may be different than mine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos