I bought my surface pro 64GB just now!

Luke Kailburn

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Just called my local staples and the girl was actually in the middle of setting up the Pro demo model but said they won't be available fs yet until launch. heh oh well. I still want to get down there and check it out

wharfratg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
My local Best Buy had a pretty nice display with the RT and Pro side-by-side. People were waiting for a chance to play with the Pro, which was pretty surprising because the RT display has always been vacant when I've gone in the last month. It was pretty warm, but the thickness didn't seem to be a big deal. It would be nice if they could add a type keyboard and the pen to the display, but I'm sure they are worried about the pen being ripped off.

They said both the 64 and 128 models will be available for purchase on Saturday.

Streak Leader

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I had the 128 gig Pro at the exchange counter at Best Buy (returning the 64 gig RT), but their system wouldn't allow it to be sold. Turns out you cannot convince a computer to break a street date! I was told there was nothing in place for me to pre-order the Pro and they only got one, 128 gig Pro in stock. I have to be there when the store opens tomorrow to ensure that I get it.

I can't wait! I love my RT, but the Pro is going to be so much better...

Xiang Li

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
that's exactly why I was so surprised at the purchase! I was so nervous when I swiped my credit card, afraid of the situation u said. but it went through that's why I was so stoked. I was reslly lucky as I had no ides why the computer system allowed the transaction. here are the picsWP_20130206_008.jpg

smontoya2

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking at the 128gb model. Is there a tutorial on how to free up space & add programs to the surface pro? Would be helpful for folks that aren't that tech savvy.

Xiang Li

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I just erased my recovery partition and moved it to a thumb drive earlier and now I am ~27 gb left with all my software loaded. I was thinking of return my 64 and get a 128. not anymore, should be enough for a year of use(and I have 64g sdxc popped in where I install my steam and games on).
the tutorial is here and it is very easy to follow. 15 minutes max and u are all set

(from official Microsoft support site)
1.Insert your external USB drive into the USB port on your Surface.
2.Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.
(If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, and then click Search.)
3.Enter Recovery in the search box, tap or click Settings, and then tap or click Create a recovery drive.
4.Tap or click Yes in the User Account Control dialog box to allow the recovery drive tool to open.
5.When the recovery drive tool opens, make sure the box is checked next to Copy the recovery partition from the PC to the recovery drive. Then, tap or click Next.
6.Select the USB drive you would like to use for your recovery disk by tapping or clicking on it. Tap or click Next.
7.Tap or click Create. The recovery image and necessary recovery tools will be copied to your USB drive. Your Surface must stay awake during the copy process, which will take 10-15 minutes.
8.When the recovery tools are copied, do one of the following:
If you want to keep the recovery tools on your Surface, tap or click Finish.
-Or-
If you want to remove the recovery tools from Surface and free up disk space, tap or click Delete the recovery partition. To confirm, tap or click Delete. This will free up approximately 3.5 GB of storage space on your Surface. When the removal is complete, tap or click Finish.

Warning If you choose to delete your recovery partition, you will need your USB recovery drive to refresh or reset your Surface in the future.

9.Eject and remove your USB drive. This is now your Surface recovery drive, so keep it in a safe place and do not use it to store other files or data.

Xiang Li

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
and I forgot to mention, regarding someone asked about the fan noise, no I haven't noticed fan noise at this point even when the machine get relatively warm. but what u can notice in a quiet room is the electric current while the machine is running.

KoukiFC3S

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
and I forgot to mention, regarding someone asked about the fan noise, no I haven't noticed fan noise at this point even when the machine get relatively warm. but what u can notice in a quiet room is the electric current while the machine is running.
It's awesome that you got one early! Will you be installing apps to an SD card?

shn'g

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
View attachment 28151ok so good news the surface pro in store shows only 15 gb left but on mine with office 13 installed I have 28gb left. not that bad afterall. I am typing this with my surface pro. the thing doesn't feel heavy at all surprisingly but runs quite warm on the back. very fast and responsive performance unlike my rt.my rt slows to a crawl for some reason

does the surface pro come with lots of Microsoft apps installed to? cause I got rid of apps on my RT like weather, news, stocks. ones that I didn't need and replaced them with ones from the store and I saved close to 1GB just by doing this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre