My Surface Pro Short Story

Ekon

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
First of all I just want to say a proper Hello to anyone reading this as it is my first post on the site in which I am a huge fan of.
I rock a Black Lumia 920 and have the app on my phone and check it about every 10 minutes. No lie.. ha..
But onto the Story.
I went to go get my Surface Pro 128gb just now from Best Buy where I reserved it yesterday (The lady actually went to the back yesterday and brought it out about to sell it to me and then realized the release date was for the 9th so she had me reserve it for today). Today I go in, just now, to go pick it up only to find out they sold it this morning to the online reserved folks who came in and got it. Which I find funny because she slipped the paperwork inside of the item to let people know it was reserved, for me. So who ever opened that bad boy up today gets to see a paper that says RESERVED FOR CHRIS MILTON.
Its ok though because Best Buy is giving me $100 dollars off of the Surface now. I found that very suprising. Which will go towards my Type Cover. Which I must say feels very nice. They had one sitting out on the table and i played with it for a little bit and it feels very nice and its not too small. I have Very Large hands (hence the 920 choice) and it didnt feel small or cramped at all. On top of that I loathe small keyboards!
As it is said, "Things Happen for a Reason."

Later Days!

Enever

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Pretty much same happened to me this morning. Worse of all is that by the time the hole selling out crap happened all of the online stores had also sold out of deliverable units. Couldn't be any more pissed off right now!

( at best but staff and at the snow, which caused the whole incident to happen anyway!)

jamestIL

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I went in friday and asked weather best buy would open at midnight and he also told me they onle had 1 and he could sell it to me now. When we got to register it would not ring up so he put it in the lockup and he wrote display unit on the outside. I went right when they opened up and he pulled it out and sold it to me. A lady standing behind me was very angry because they sold it to me and they told her that the preorders were not available yet. I got very lucky.

Ekon

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
The same thing happened with me man. Except she didn't put display unit on it. She put reservation paperwork in it. Maybe she should have put in on the outside of the box and not inside...
Congrats though man! At least one of us got something new to play with today.

StarLog

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
WOW, BB is not so sharp.

Reserved mine back on Monday, went in today with my paperwork, and showed it to the computer geek guys, they said they do not have any to sell. OH snap!

Said I had a pre oreder. they said did you get a email saying it is ready for pickup. Why yes I did.

Then they said let me see if they are coming inn today. Then he comes bad says it is a Customre Service for pikup.

I start walking that way and no more then 20 feet out of the computer area, come a BB girl carrying a Surface Pro box, I said is that for me, she ignores me, maybe cause I looked too old to use a Surface.

So I follwed her, and said is that my preorder at the register, showed her the paper, and she said yes, what a #$%^&*(

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
WOW, BB is not so sharp.

Reserved mine back on Monday, went in today with my paperwork, and showed it to the computer geek guys, they said they do not have any to sell. OH snap!

Said I had a pre oreder. they said did you get a email saying it is ready for pickup. Why yes I did.

Then they said let me see if they are coming inn today. Then he comes bad says it is a Customre Service for pikup.

I start walking that way and no more then 20 feet out of the computer area, come a BB girl carrying a Surface Pro box, I said is that for me, she ignores me, maybe cause I looked too old to use a Surface.

So I follwed her, and said is that my preorder at the register, showed her the paper, and she said yes, what a #$%^&*(

lol typical minimum wave attitude.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs