Mini Displayport to DVI Aadapter

DocSc00teR

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I picked up a couple of simple adapters (Mini Display to HDMI & Mini Display to VGA) to toss into my bag so I'm ready for presentations in different environments with unexpected display equipment. Just to be sure, I put them both through the test this morning. I'm pleased to report that it was really easy to get the Surface Pro to throw PowerPoint up to a variety of different screens & projectors. (In fact, it worked better and faster than the big laptop I've been dragging around... YAY!) I put my presenter's remote dongle into the USB, threw the appropriate adapter into the Mini Display port, and everything else was magic.

I especially like the placement of the Mini Display port on the Surface Pro. It's right at the bottom-right of the screen, which ensures that the weight of an adapter's block isn't tugging at the connector. Great design.

Here are the adapters I used, in case anyone is looking for something similar.

They make one for DVI connections as well:

njblackberry

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I bought that one you mentioned (DVI/HDMI/DisplayPort) and am awaiting its arrival (hopefully today). Trying to minimize the number of cables I need.

jaimeastin

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I agree with njblackberry, Monoprice is the best.

Here's a direct link to their mini displayport adapters: HDMI Cable, Home Theater Accessories, HDMI Products, Cables, Adapters, Video/Audio Switch, Networking, USB, Firewire, Printer Toner, and more!

One has mini displayport to DVI, HDMI, and full-size displayport all on a single adapter for ~$14!

I third Monoprice.com. I pick all of my media + items. I picked up a micro HDMI to HDMI for my rt and a mini display port to HDMI for my xps13. Both work perfectly.

jpw21683

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I bought that one you mentioned (DVI/HDMI/DisplayPort) and am awaiting its arrival (hopefully today). Trying to minimize the number of cables I need.

I just ordered my adapters (which assumes I'll actually be able to snag a Pro!) and I noticed in the specs for the DVI/HDMI/DisplayPort all-in-one adapter that the DVI & HDMI ports are limited to 1080p. The same is true for their DisplayPort to HDMI w/audio adapter.

The 2nd monitor I intend to connect to at my desk is 1920x1200. So instead I bought two of the DisplayPort to DVI adapters; they support 1920x1200. And a DisplayPort to VGA adapter to use at work.

I'm not sure if the Surface Pro's DisplayPort supports audio out. If it does, then the HDMI adapters would be great to connect to a HDTV/AVR. But since I'll primarily be connecting to a monitor with a higher rez than 1080p, the DVI makes more sense. I can always use a DVI-to-HDMI adapter if I need HDMI, without audio.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos