Surface Pro - 5 Rows on the Start Screen

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Ok, the original thread is here (for the RT): (MOD) how to add more rows of tiles on surface - xda-developers

I took this and tried the settings and nothing happened, so I kept messing with the settings. I wanted 4 rows, but was unable to do that, so I ended up with 5, still VERY HAPPY with that.

Here is the change:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Scaling] - Scaling most likely will not exist, so create the key

"MonitorSize"="13.1" - String value that you will have to create

Reboot

You can also put this in a text file and save it as a .REG and it will import.

To revert, remove key and reboot.

Hope this helps! :D

RabblyRar

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Would you happen to have a screenshot showing the keyboard size difference? I'm interested in trying this but don't like playing with the registry unless I "really" know I want to have the change :)

SunithMandalia

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
If you've upgraded to 8.1, you can get 5 or even 6 rows quite easily, without changing the registry. Under pc settings, you can change display settings to smaller, which will give you 5 rows. While on the start screen bring up the settings from the charms bar and choose tiles at the top, there's a switch for show more tiles, which adds an extra row. Only downside for some might be that all text and tiles are a little smaller, but for me it's still more than comfortable to read and use.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa