10-30-2014 09:50 PM
53 123
tools
    Thanks for the link. Any one else running origin here that can give some more feedback? I'm considering surface pro and may want to play some of the Command & Conquer games.

Judging from some the games you guys were able to play, am I safe in assuming the likes of Torchlight 2 and XCOM: Enemy Unknown will be fine as well?
    You don't need that special version anymore. The current public release of Origin fixes any issues with the Surface Pro. Origin itself works great, and the big buttons and boxes make it a much more touch friendly interface that some other fairly popular gaming service.

Battlefield 3 was choppy, and I probably wouldn't play it much on Surface Pro, but I imagine that some people will be able to tolerate it.
    Dead Space 3 worked great. Looked great and was pretty smooth, though some slight slow down here and there.
    Need for Speed Hot Pursuit worked great on lower settings. Totally playable.
    Burnout Paradise also playable.

I have C&C4, but I haven't given it a go yet.
    gedzum likes this.
    05-09-2013 06:56 PM
    ^Awesome, thanks mate. Hopefully I can get my hands on one soon and try it out for myself. UK release can't come fast enough.
    05-10-2013 08:16 AM
    Sorry for the necro bump, but this seemed the most appropriate thread.

Any solutions to problems with the mouse cursor not tracking the pen properly in some games? I haven't tried that many games, but so far:

Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition (and BG2) work great with the pen. So does Spiderweb's Avadon

However, anything in DosBox or other older games (Just tried Fallout), the cursor doesn't match up with where the pen actually is. I've tried disabling the scaling, even ran Fallout at the full 1080p resolution, and its just off. Its off a different amount each time too. Any solutions? I've been enjoying gaming during my daily subway commute, but there aren't that many modern games that are good for a trip like that (standing a lot).
    10-30-2014 09:50 PM
53 123