Surface pro commercial

JerseySal

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
That's why the commercial tells you to go to Surface.com and get more information.

A commercial with some guy sitting there reading off Spec's and Functions will make anyone walk out of the room to go do ANYTHING else that listen. This commercial grabs your attention, makes it fun and then directs you to surface.com. In the end, message is clear.

I guess my contempt for that music and type of advertising approach drowns out the actual message. lol

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I guess my contempt for that music and type of advertising approach drowns out the actual message. lol

I can see your point. :)

I just think the marketing needs to be smart like this. This kind of commercial has proven to grab people's attention and hold it. I have seen plenty of Car commercials where you see all this stuff going on, and all this fancy whatnots and then BAM, there is the car. I even saw one that looked like a car commercial and I was waiting for it to see what new car was out and BAM, was all about some Vodka brand.

Technical people that want technical information will search the net. No amount of in formation in a 15-30 second spot will give what we are looking for. We just need to grab the other 98% that can't think past what the commercials tell them what they NEED and WANT... :p

Residing

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
New Nexus commercial does a great job at pointing out features of the phone... Boooooooooring!!!

Nexus 4: Live in the Now - YouTube

If I were a consumer, who didn't visit tech sites and know about Google Now, my takeaway from this ad is 'Oh, they have a weather app, a translate app, and video calling! I can already do this on my smartphone!" That would be my impression of the Nexus 4 and I would not be inclined, whatsoever, to want to know more about it much less go out and purchase it.

Even though I know about Google Now, I thought the ad for the Nexus 4 was a snooze fest.

Residing

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I just wish they'd air one commerical that shows the actual features and abilities of the device. I don't care for the people flailing about in an office setting like a bunch of jackas**s. I wish they'd dubstep themselves off a bridge to be honest. Commercials like these are no help to people sitting on the fence while wondering if this device has at least the same capabilities of their competition..and it strengthens the argument for the asshats that visit this forum regularly to brag and boast about their "way more advanced" devices to us.

JerseySal...Your contempt for the music and dancing is noted; however, they did show some key aspects of the Surface Pro, aspects akin to Microsoft products and with a PC - Stylus, USB port (and the flexibility it offers), Excel etc.

Think of the ad as the setting for an office meeting at a record company - budgets, brainstorming on a video concept, a new music track with beatboxing :)

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
If I were a consumer, who didn't visit tech sites and know about Google Now, my takeaway from this ad is 'Oh, they have a weather app, a translate app, and video calling! I can already do this on my smartphone!" That would be my impression of the Nexus 4 and I would not be inclined, whatsoever, to want to know more about it much less go out and purchase it.

Even though I know about Google Now, I thought the ad for the Nexus 4 was a snooze fest.

Actually I hate Android and that commercial makes me want to buy one over any commercial I've seen for a 920....oh wait I haven't seen any commercials for a 920! It is actually tying together all of the "personal" and "glance and go" aspects that WP has been touting so long, but actually pulls it off to great effect.

bauerbach

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
I think the marketing for the surface has all been crap. I think this is a product that people are completely unfamiliar with, and many are drawing false assumptions.

This "dubstep" ad campaign (best way I can describe it) feels forced and like its the nerd trying way too hard to be "hip" when he really has no clue that he looks silly.

A good ad IMO would be showing it straight up, look, its a PC, it weighs 2 pounds, the keyboard is removable. I can play the sims 3 on my couch. I can watch a flash video in a browser, I can use adobe photoshop.

Even if they are creating interest... Most reviews are so apple biased that 30seconds of googling would probably leave them to write off the product because windows 8 sucks(omg no start button), and the ipad is all anyone will ever need.

my 2 cents.

shn'g

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
At least they are fresh and fun like others have said which is the image Microsoft needs. I know lots of iPad owners who have said ohh you have the tablet from the crazy dancing commercial. (I have the RT) so maybe it is just a crazy dancing commercial but it just made them remember it and the device.... isn't that the only point to a commercial just to make people know of the products existence and remember it so maybe they will go and look at it themselves.... I dunno I like this commercial.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss