How do you get past password without a keyboard?

StarLog

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
When I turn on the pro, and the password window is shown, Idonot know how to get a virtual keyboard on screen. Only way I can log in is to hook up my touchkey.

nstine20

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
An on-screen keyboard should automatically pop-up when you are at the password window when you are using touch. If you have a mouse/keyboard plugged in and are using that rather than the touchscreen then no keyboard will appear. As an alternative you can also click on the Ease of Access button on the bottom left and select on-screen keyboard from the options list and use that to enter in your password. If you are using touch and a keyboard does not appear automatically then I would say there is something wrong, perhaps a driver issue or a setting turned off somewhere.

Last edited:

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
An on-screen keyboard should automatically pop-up when you are at the password window when you are using touch. If you have a mouse plugged in and are using that rather than the touchscreen then no keyboard will appear. As an alternative you can also click on the Ease of Access button on the bottom left and select on-screen keyboard from the options list and use that to enter in your password. If you are using touch and a keyboard does not appear automatically then I would say there is something wrong, perhaps a driver issue or a setting turned off somewhere.

This is the only time it happens to me.

• Surface is in sleep mode
  • Remove Keyboard
  • Wake Surface Up
  • Slide lock screen up
  • Tap password box
  • No keyboard

nstine20

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
That sounds like for whatever reason it thinks your keyboard is still connected. I wouldn't think that should matter on the surface and simply touching the screen/password input box should bring up the on-screen keyboard, but I don't have a surface to try it on. I'm using a Samsung Series 7 Slate with Windows 8 and I don't believe I have ever noticed this issue before.

StarLog

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
That sounds like for whatever reason it thinks your keyboard is still connected. I wouldn't think that should matter on the surface and simply touching the screen/password input box should bring up the on-screen keyboard, but I don't have a surface to try it on. I'm using a Samsung Series 7 Slate with Windows 8 and I don't believe I have ever noticed this issue before.
touching or anything does not make the keyboard show

DocSc00teR

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I've had this problem as well. It seems to be related to the removal of the keyboard. I've been logged in, decided to tear away the Type Cover, and the in-screen keyboard refuses to pop up. Clicking the keyboard back on and then removing it sometimes corrects it (but not consistently).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077