$100 gift card with purchase of Surface Pro 64GB

coolqf

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
I was thinking of getting the 64GB and just adding a microsdxc card (64g).

Can anyone tell me if this is practically the same as buying the 128GB? Or am I missing something ?
I figured the micro card can be bought for ~$45-50

I've heard many say that you can't install apps on the card.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

ChrisInSD

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
And I've had a Win7 Tablet for over 2 years that has a 64GB SSD in it and I still have 40GB free so I'm not sure what the big deal about 64GB not being enough.

Because with Win 8 Pro you have nowhere near 40GB free. You have less than 30GB. BEFORE you install any of your own crap.

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Me too I'm not really sure why it's useless?With the micro slot available wouldn't it be better to save $50 and get the card? Also sky drive is available to use for a lot of documents, pics, videos.

I never said there was no market for it, I just stated that to me, it's pointless. BUT, I do agree with you that there IS a market for them. I just wish there was a way to make it lighter. The issue I have with the OS drive space usage is (and this is not including the recovery partition), WHY does the OS install on these devices take up SO MUCH space? You can do a plain virgin install and it only takes a few GB, not 20...

Has anyone dared to wipe and re-load the OS fresh? I'm tempted too, but need to make sure I know where the drivers are.

LuckyPunk

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
I just got charged $100 for my "free" gift card. MS -WTF ...Was going to give my wife the 64gb for her birthday as I picked up a 128gb SRFC at Best Buy Saturday. Now I'll be sending both my 64gb unit and my "NOT SO FREE" free gift card back to MS.

QOAM

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Weighing the pros and cons and trying to decide if I should buy the Surface Pro. (must have inking) I have the Samsung Slate from the developers conference. It has a Sim slot. The surface doesn't .. I don't remember what size screen it has, but I would like smaller. It came with a pre-release of Windows 8 but I bought the full version. I keep thinking that the small problems I have like sometimes I turn it on and touch doesn't work. (usually I can just reboot) would not be there with a Microsoft Tablet. The ideal tablet for me would an 8" tablet with a sim slot .. I really am sick of my ipad and even my mini. somewhere I have the HTC Shift .. I was thinking about installing Windows 8 on it and giving that a try. It has everything, its just OLD.

mlcooper54

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I have an Acer Iconia Tab W500 that originally came with Windows 7. I now have Windows 8 Enterprise installed. I have Office 2013 Pro Plus installed. I have Microsoft Works 2000 installed (don't ask why). I have a bunch of printer drivers installed, a PDF creator, a PDV viewer, Lotus 123, SQL Server 2008 lite/free/whatever it's called, and a few other light duty programs. I have 6 GB left of the original 32 GB left. I've not installed a 64 GB microSD card (it's a company test computer). For the average person, the 64 GB Surface Pro should be more than enough. I'm not average. I'm an IT consultant with multiple clients. I run VM's on my current 4 GB Core 2 Duo laptop. I have a 128 GB Surface Pro on order. I have multiple VM's I'd like to run. I use PaintShop Pro X5. I will keep my photo store on an external USB 3.0 1 TB HDD. The 64 GB Surface Pro is way more than enough for 50% of Surface buyers, I believe.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3