24 hours to decide, help me choose!!!!

superlawyer15

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Soo.... the local Microsoft store called me and said they got a shipment of 128gb and will be holding one for me for 24 hours
problem is ...idk if I should get it, or wait for the helix :sweaty:

This is where you come in, those of you who have one, weigh in.

:excited:

superlawyer15

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
true, but this is a little different ...it also works to notify others that the stores r receiving shipments and holding them for those who placed their names on the waiting list

vivekforbes

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Better go with surface pro with type or touch cover.As per the users comments and reviews, i think this device is great. So Get it!!

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Just pick whichever u like. Geez.

If you can't decide, flip a coin; because for that split second the coin is mid air, you will know which one you want.

justinm001

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm a huge IBM Lenovo fan and always only bought their laptops. ****, my dad still uses his t60 10 year old IBM even though he has MacBook air and ho elitebook. They're great devices but are ugly. I'm going with surface just BC its MS and looks better.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

superlawyer15

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
It really wasnt my intention to have this be another surface v helix thread and I apologize if thats how it comes across

The main purpose of this thread was to make others aware as to microsofts inventory status and reservation policy

vertigoOne

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I was considering waiting for the Helix as well after reading about it in the other thread, but after thinking about it all week, the Surface Pro is more than adequate for what I want it for, and the promise of future accessories that can extend battery life seal the decision for me.

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
It really wasnt my intention to have this be another surface v helix thread and I apologize if thats how it comes across

The main purpose of this thread was to make others aware as to microsofts inventory status and reservation policy

This is decidedly not Pro thinking; you should wait for the 5.5-pound load from China to arrive, or buy both and return one.

badMojo69

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
If it was me I'd just wait. The best thing that can happen is you decide you don't want either of them.
The older I get the more I realize how much crap use to run out and buy to end up only using for a few months, before switching to new more shiny crap.

superlawyer15

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
well i couldnt help myself so i went and picked up the surface pro

so far ...very happy with it

...just wish the on screen keyboard would pop up when needed

JerseySal

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
well i couldnt help myself so i went and picked up the surface pro

so far ...very happy with it

...just wish the on screen keyboard would pop up when needed

Thank God. All the pressure you put on me almost made me start cutting myself....such important decisions!

LeLee092

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Lenovo helix looks a bit to clunky for me...much prefer the yoga

I'm glad your enjoying the surface pro deff has more of a tablet feel :D

superlawyer15

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I think what it really comes down to is whether you are looking for a laptop replacement or just a tablet on steroids

as a tablet, the surface pro is great because it is as compact as one but you are not limited in anyway as to productivity because of the i5
its not for mere consumption like an ipad, which is what I found to be the differentiating factor
the only compromise is battery life, weight and thickness haven't been an issue for me at all

if I didn't already have a laptop, I might of found myself picking up the something with an i7 like the razer edge or helix
but if you are looking for something to supplement a laptop you already have, then the surface pro is the way to go IMO

ChrisInSD

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
I think what it really comes down to is whether you are looking for a laptop replacement or just a tablet on steroids

To each his own--if I do get this thing (if there ever are any to be had), it will be as a laptop replacement. I already have a tablet and the use case for Surface Pro is entirely different. Instead "tablet on steroids" I think of it as a "computer with a revolutionary form factor."

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05