Web browsing via IE
Documents via Word 2013
Spreadsheets via Excel 2013
Corporate IM via Pidgin
Notes via OneNote 2013
Facebook via People
Random installs via Store

I still have 64% battery left.

I made a custom power plan and created a CPU setting that scales the CPU to 80% while on battery. This prevents "Turbo" and I don't see a performance hit at all. (This might affect video and games but I dont do that at work).

I also have my screen brightness at around 40%. It's absolutely bright enough in the office. Outside would be a different matter all together.

Just sharing what I do and the config I am running in case anyone else is look for settings to try during "office hours".

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
To adjust the CPU scaling go to Control Panel, Power Options, Change plan settings, Change advance power setting. Scroll down to Processor power management and change the minimum and maximum processor state to what you want.

Polychrome

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I have not altered any of the unplugged settings. This thing easily lasts a workday, if not more for browsing and word processing, and even some music.

Who wants to bet all those reviewers unplugged their systems to run Everquest 2? (The only reason I say that is it's the most power-eating game I know! LOL)

DjRx12

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
For some odd reason I do not have the option to change those settings. It only allows me to change the Cooling state. Any suggestions ?

Last edited:

DjRx12

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Figured it out. If HyperV is enabled which is required to run the Windows Phone 8 SDK it will prevent these options from being seen

Last edited:

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I have not altered any of the unplugged settings. This thing easily lasts a workday, if not more for browsing and word processing, and even some music.

Who wants to bet all those reviewers unplugged their systems to run Everquest 2? (The only reason I say that is it's the most power-eating game I know! LOL)

You do know Microsoft was the first to state the battery life was four to five hours? The reviewers did not make that up - it comes straight from the manufacturer.

cme4oil

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
OK, I am going to test out some battery savings settings today and see how much time I can get out of the pro.. I will let you know the results.

Polychrome

May 15, 2011
Visit site
You do know Microsoft was the first to state the battery life was four to five hours? The reviewers did not make that up - it comes straight from the manufacturer.

I'm talking about the guys who acted like it was only an hour or so....which is reasonable if a laptop is doing any heavy-lifting.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Galaxy Tab advertises its battery life as 4 hours and that's a tablet. Full blow laptop-tablet hybrid runs 4 hours and people are moaning about it, how come?

justinm001

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Saturday we used it from about noon and it died at 5:30pm. This was a movie and a half, (1080p using tmt6) games and downloading \ surfing. Wanted it to last longer but when it died my daughter just grabbed the rt to play.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

justinm001

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm curious on how many movies it lasts straight (bluray ripped) and how long it lasts in sleep. Anyone have percent\hour drain while sleeping?
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786