Stuck on Windows is resuming

KoukiFC3S

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
sHxwGRFl.jpg

Any idea how I can reboot? Control alt delete doesn't work and the power button doesn't do anything.

EDIT: holding power for 10 seconds worked. Sucks that it froze though.

ALISTAlR

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Holding the power button didn't work for me - the same thing happened as soon as I turned it back on.

In the end, I took the battery out of the laptop and left it out for 5 minutes. Then re-inserted it and turned it on. It fixed the problem but obviously had to login from scratch instead of resume the account.

I've had nothing but problems with Windows 8 - it is the worst OS I have ever used.

Unfortunately for Microsoft, my custom will NOT be resuming.

Windows is a dead duck.

Anyway, I hope this post will help someone else if they have the same problem.

Last edited:

nchang123

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Does this get rid of all your data?!?!? this is for my school computer and i can't reset because then i will loose all my Data. HELP!!

Bin Liu1

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
I am stuck at "Windows is resumming" using Windows 10 Dell Inspiron 14 5000 series laptop:

Then, I do this:
Hold the power button for 8 seconds. Release and wait 20 seconds. Hit power button.

Then, I got this message on window 10 when starting up the Windows:

"Hibernating"

Next I do this:

Power down, remove the battery, unplug the power pack, press and hold down the power

button for about 10 seconds. Plug it all back in and power up the laptop to start Windows 10.

Then, I got this "Windows is resuming" message and running forever.

What can be the possible solution? Not sure how I can boot it up in safe mode for windows 10 of this laptop. Do you have suggestion?

Bin Liu1

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
This time, I press the power button and then press "F12" key from my laptop, which is the "Boot option" key for this laptop, then I can get into "Boot Manger" to change the boot mode to "UEF1 Boot Mode, secure Boot off" option.

After that, I boot up the the laptop, and I do not see "Windows is resuming" message anymore.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire