This waiting is ridiculous!

Sina Falaki

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
If there was a competitor that was similar to the pro I would be gone. This lack of supply in retail stores is driving me crazy. The worst part of it all is that MS has told their employees not to speak about when their shipments will arrive and how many they will have in stock. Terrible marketing on this one.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Be grateful youve got the slim possibility of getting one - Still no news on when they will be available in the UK and the rest of the world

ogdenous

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
They have had them since the 19th online at staples.com I ordered on the 19th and got it the 20th to my home. 128gb model and still shows stock, had to cancel my MS order.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I walked into the Bellevue square Microsoft store last Thursday and picked one up
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

definitely dave

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
There was at least one available at the Best Buy in York, PA last night. I got mine from Staples, but checked BB first... York is too far of a drive for me

vertigoOne

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I picked my reservation up at Best Buy on Saturday and they had at least one extra 128 in stock aside from the reservations. They should be getting easier to find.

alaskanjackson

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
I noticed the MS online store has stopped taking orders for the 128 version. Perhaps trying to drive folks into stores this weekend? I suspect there is actual demand for this product vs the RS version. In any case, I am thinking about pulling the trigger on the 64gb version. Seems to be plenty of those available.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
It really isn't worth it. For $100 more you get four times the available memory or something close to that. You only get around 25gigs of available memory and that doesn't include office or any apps you might install. With the 128gig you get just under 90gigs of memory available. Much better deal.

anon(5370748)

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I noticed the MS online store has stopped taking orders for the 128 version. Perhaps trying to drive folks into stores this weekend? I suspect there is actual demand for this product vs the RS version. In any case, I am thinking about pulling the trigger on the 64gb version. Seems to be plenty of those available.

I definitely wouldn't do that unless your storage needs are super minimal and will never grow, or if you're happy enough toting around an external drive.

anon(5370748)

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I've never seen so much gadget lust directed at a Microsoft product. It's almost Apple-like in it's eeriness.

I camped out in front of CompUSA for four days to get one of the Microsoft Cordless 900Mhz Telephones - the line was around the block ;)

Seriously though, I'm guessing the Xbox360 people around launch day were much crazier and lustier than this.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
If there was a competitor that was similar to the pro I would be gone. This lack of supply in retail stores is driving me crazy. The worst part of it all is that MS has told their employees not to speak about when their shipments will arrive and how many they will have in stock. Terrible marketing on this one.

I was under the impression there are similar windows 8 devices that have higher ratings than the Pro available. For some reason everyone wants the pro because Microsoft makes it.

Wyn6

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I grabbed the last one at an area (Dallas) Best Buy yesterday. But, I'm sure there are stores that have them in somewhere.

anon(5370748)

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I was under the impression there are similar windows 8 devices that have higher ratings than the Pro available. For some reason everyone wants the pro because Microsoft makes it.

I picked the Pro over the Samsung and Asus because of the smaller size, and I like the way it feels when I'm holding it more than the other two. Nothing to do with who makes it.

Juan Stevens

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
The MS store in Columbia, MD called me today with mine in stock. Got my name on the list on release day. They were kind enough to cancel my online order also.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss