Bioshock

Po_MD

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
~bump~got it. It looks like a system refresh for an unrelated matter did the trick

Last edited:

Arsenic17

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Anybody try Bioshock 2. I am guessing it is fine. Most games seem to be from what I have read. Didnt get mine yet, but I prob wont be installing too many because of the small Hard disk space.

Thryon

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I cannot get Bioshock 2 to work. Now I got Bioshock 2 from Games for Windows Live. I download the installer and it indicated that the install failed. But I can start-up Bioshock no problem. The issue is that it is looking for an activation key and GFWL refuses to provide a key as it is indicating the installation failed. I will simple remove the game, and redownload the 8GB file and try again.

Thryon

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Also, trying to play a real PC game without an external mouse (or Xbox controller) just does not work. It is like the touchscreen is causing some weird inteferance and my onscreen character just turns on himself/herself (tested with Red Faction and Saints Row 2)

Rising Mos

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
people: for both games, after you install the game, go and install the latest version of Games for Windows Live directly from Microsoft website. It should solve the problems. I have played both bioshock 1 and 2 from steam on Windows 8 with no problems with this method.

Thryon

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Maybe I was not fully clear in my post. The first thing I did when I got my Surface Pro was to get the latest version of Games for Windows Live from Microsoft as I had a bunch of purchased games via this service. I had no problems with any game but Bioshock 2. I will remove it and download it once again and indicate if this time it was sucessful. Cheers.

Rising Mos

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Oh sorry. I don't know why I was under the impression that you downloaded bioshock from steam. Maybe because that was happened to me!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss