Extend volume with Micro SD?

pbankey

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Hey all,

Apologies if this topic has been created before, but does anyone know how/if it's possible to use the expandable memory slot (micro SD) and extent the default volume so that the internal SSD and micro SD are seen as a single, large disk?

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, I don't know of a way to do that - but what you can do is create a folder on your C:\ drive called C:\SDCard and then create a symbolic link to a folder on your SDCard. This will "trick" Windows into allowing you to install programs to the SDcard

mklink /j c:\SDCard\Programs d:\Programs

Where D:\Programs is the folder on your SDCard

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Hey all,

Apologies if this topic has been created before, but does anyone know how/if it's possible to use the expandable memory slot (micro SD) and extent the default volume so that the internal SSD and micro SD are seen as a single, large disk?

Not sure what the benefit of this would be. The speed differences alone would make this a terrible idea. The idea of mounting it to a folder is a better solution.

pbankey

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the tips guys. Unfortunately this doesn't pertain to me anymore.

This past Friday I got the Surface pro and posted this question, but have since done one replacement (there was a terrible LCD discoloration on the whole right edge), and the second tablet, it crashed after a day and got stuck in the BIOS boot loop issue. Needless to say I just got a refund and am pretty disappointed.

It's a shame, but I'm going to sit this one out and let Microsoft figure this game out before I jump in with the Surface. Appreciate the help, though!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs