Type Cover Stopped working

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Well, it was bound to happen. Something had to go wrong with the Surface. My Surface Pro wouldn't recognize my Type Cover this morning. I went onthe Surface chat and after troubleshooting, ms is cross-shipping me a new type Cover. Trackpad settings wouldn't recognize that a cover was attached.

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Steve, Iron -when did your type covers stop working? If they all stopped within the last couple of days, may be an update or firmware issue

Steve Ridges

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Mine stopped working Thursday night. I didn't notice any updates previous to that. Also, since I did a complete restore, I would have thought the included recovery partition would NOT have those updates so if they are the cause of the issue, it should have worked after the restore.

Polychrome

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I once had my keyboard stop working (touch cover) and I found a plasma-lamp was interfering with it.

That may not be your situation, but computers are weird, and that's all I have to say about that!

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Just go to the iPad forum on the Apple support site. Loads of people needing to go through 5-6 exchanges before they get a working iPad.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
So are people still seeing issues with their type cover? Mine now has started to work intermittently, sometimes all the keys work other times the space bar, volume control keys and other keys dont work. I chatted with MS support and when I mentioned only some of my keys werent working they had me clean the contacts and that seemed to fix the issue then but now its not working more often than not. Has anyone had an MS store just swap it out for a new one?

My problem is I bought mine from Best Buy and as its over 30 days they said its not Microsoft's problem. A Microsoft employee at my work claimed that this is a known issue and MS will have a firmware update next month, has anyone heard this as well?

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Just as an update, I just received my replacement type cover, and it works fine - so the original did have some kind of failure. Unfortunately, the MS rep I talked to after I received it couldn't find any information on what was wrong (I was just curious).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos