Surface Pro Power Cable

PartyDolphin

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Will the Surface Pro accept a generic figure of 8 cable into its PSU?

Have a USA Surface on the way but hope I can use a generic cable instead of a USA to UK plug adaptor.

Thanks

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

Have a USA Surface on the way but hope I can use a generic cable instead of a USA to UK plug adaptor.

Thanks

I would imagine it would as the power conversion is done in the power unit itself, how the power gets there is pretty irrelevant.

jpw21683

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Thanks

Yes, it works just fine.

The included cord is very short, so I replaced it with a longer one I had lying around.

ElfNeedsFoodBadly

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
I've run into an issue whereby the generic cord has a "squaring" of the cable just past the connector and the Surface adapter needs to remain rounded for additional depth than this cable. :angry:

gangolfus

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
You've got the wrong generic cord. You've got a polarized cord (cord cannot be plugged in "backwards") where the surface power brick is not polarity sensitive. Either get a non-polarized generic cord, or you would probably be fine rounding off the squared side of the cord you have with a knife.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henrysmith