Stylus button fell off!

TekNinja81

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
So I just had an odd "hiccup" with my SP. Detached the stylus from the magnetic holder, then found the stylus's button was still stuck to the side of the Surface.

Freaked me out momentarily, but the button clipped back into the stylus (there's a little "guide" and a few clips on it which luckily didn't break) and seems to still work fine. But that said, now I'm wondering if this might be a common issue; definitely a potential design flaw, kind of makes me regret not opting for the extended warranty...

Anyone else have this happen on their own Surface?

On the plus side, at least it's an issue with the stylus, and not the Surface itself.

rmstern53

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
So I just had an odd "hiccup" with my SP. Detached the stylus from the magnetic holder, then found the stylus's button was still stuck to the side of the Surface.

Freaked me out momentarily, but the button clipped back into the stylus (there's a little "guide" and a few clips on it which luckily didn't break) and seems to still work fine. But that said, now I'm wondering if this might be a common issue; definitely a potential design flaw, kind of makes me regret not opting for the extended warranty...

Anyone else have this happen on their own Surface?

On the plus side, at least it's an issue with the stylus, and not the Surface itself.

Same thing happened to me, I called MS and they sent me a new one, no charge. I then was able to figure out how to re-install the button so I now have 2 working Stylus'.

CapnPauly

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I hate to resurrect a dead thread, but mine fell off today. How did you guys get your button back in place? I see the little guides in the stylus, but it doesn't want to go in all the way.

SunithMandalia

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
If you're still in warranty, go to myservice.surface.com once you login, click on manage devices and you'll be able to request a replacement accessory, including stylus. They don't require the old one to be sent back.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon