Back of SPro being scratched and scuffed easily?

Po_MD

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Hi.

As said in the title, my Surface Pros backside is riddled with scratch marks from being put into my bag or whathaveyou(the logo also came faded so I suspect poor quality manufacturing). I treat it just like I treated my RT and that's with the utmost care. I would slide my RT into my bag and carry it to my classes for notes each day and not a single scratch mark from that or anything.

My SPro looks like its been dropped on its back a couple times.

Is this grounds for returning? Is anybody else having an issue with this?

Polychrome

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm gonna say extremely unlikely. When it comes down to it, minor scuffing is considered cosmetic damage and normal wear. They might replace it if, for example, your screen backlight randomly goes out, but they're not going to replace it because you scratched the paint on the back. Imagine if car companies did that...they'd be out of business! Realistically, if you asked they'd probably sell you a bottle of paint and give you their best wishes.

Yes, it's painted, and that's why it's scuffing.

Honestly, my back has scuffed a little too, but it's so minimal it's not noticed by co-workers who pick the device up. I have to look for it to see it.

Po_MD

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
thank you for the responses. I'm having keyboard issues as well, so I'll just replace it and go with a decal of sorts

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
Honestly, I feel like the material on the Pro is softer than the material on the RT. I'm not sure why that would be though.

surfacedude

May 24, 2013
Visit site
i agree that the paint on the pro might be softer than the paint on the rt. i bought a pro after having an rt since launch. i still have the rt and it's great, but i noticed a lite speck on the pro....tried gently rubbing it off w/ a mirco fiber cloth, but it wouldn't come off. so i ran my nail over it gently and the paint came right off. it wasn't a flake, either. it was soft...kind of like dry but fresh paint on a wall. i rubbed the bit of paint between my fingers and it just broke down into a dark grey smudge. that made me rethink getting a pro on top of a surface. this made me think o the irst and only apple i ever bought. the titanium book. paint would come off so easily. i don;t want to go through that again. the rt looks like i just took it out of the package, though. perfect condition and i love it. i mean i think i actually have feelings for it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon