Returned my Surface Pro

dana618

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
I made a tough decision to return my surface pro and I replaced it with a macbook air 13 inch 128 gb. My reasoning......I have wanted a macbook for the past year and a half; however I was really drawn to windows 8. I started weighing the money I spent on the surface and summized that for the same amount of money, I would buy a quality product with the same specs that would hold its value over the next year or so. I tend to trade up in technology pretty frequently.
I like the macbook air, it is light, the screen is larger, and it is fast. BUT I miss the surface pro, the screen so much better than the macbook. Everyone wants to compare the surface with the ipad when essentially it is a laptop and a tablet. I miss playing games, utilizing the apps, and the productivity it offered. I am truly considering doing a switch-a-roo again!!! I am so undecided.....
I just needed to vent!

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Get them both. You are under no obligation to NOT be a true geek. If I could afford a Mac Pro, you think my devotion to Microsoft would prevent me from getting one? My first love will always be Microsoft. But I'm a geek first. Its who I am.

dana618

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Get them both. You are under no obligation to NOT be a true geek. If I could afford a Mac Pro, you think my devotion to Microsoft would prevent me from getting one? My first love will always be Microsoft. But I'm a geek first. Its who I am.

I wish I could afford both! Thanks!

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
My Surface Pro has become so integral to my daily life, being without it would be like cutting off an arm. At the very least, how could you give up the pen and One Note?

dstrauss

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Other than the 13" screen and Thunderbolt, what does a MacBook Air give you that the Surface Pro does not? From my admittedly biased viewpoint, the Surface Pro matches the MacBook Air nearly spec for spec, AND you get touch screen, active digitizer, and OneNote...top that, then we'll talk...:wink:

dana618

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
I made a very easy choice today!!!! I have my surface back and I am very excited. The best buy sales guy thought I was nuts for returning the MacBook Air, and I asked him had he actually used the surface? Well of course he had not other than the display!! My response to him was TRY IT you will love it!!! I am happy :)

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I made a very easy choice today!!!! I have my surface back and I am very excited. The best buy sales guy thought I was nuts for returning the MacBook Air, and I asked him had he actually used the surface? Well of course he had not other than the display!! My response to him was TRY IT you will love it!!! I am happy :)

Your first instincts are usually right ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon