Hi, has anyone purchased a Surface Pro from China? What's your experience? Is the physical product different (Chinese writing etc)? Is the software easy to change to English (or will i need to be able to read Chinese)?

I ask because i have family there, so could import it to the Uk (where there is still no release date). Any opinions welcome.
    Sent from my Lumia 920 using Board Express
    04-03-2013 02:45 AM
    I will be going to China next month... so if nobody answers.. I can provide feedback....
    04-03-2013 10:06 AM
    I live in China and got someone to bring mine from the US. I wouldn't buy one here, because:
    1) It comes with the Chinese version of the OS, which is usually unchangeable unless you have the enterprise version
    2) Warranty service here ususally sucks compared to my experiences in the US
    3) You never know what "special additions" the govt here asked MS to put in there for "public security". Just look at how MS handled that with Skype...
    04-03-2013 09:40 PM
    Hi foaf,

Do you mean Surface China Edition? The China Edition only supports the simplified Chinese language and you can learn more here: Microsoft Launches Special Chinese Version of Surface Pro Aimed at Home Users - CIO.com

So, you can't change it to English.
    04-08-2013 03:19 AM
    Thanks for replies everyone. To be honest i meant the Surface Pro 128gb, not the China Edition, as i was aware it was Chinese language only. But good heads up to anyone thinking about it. I had to get a Chinese friend to verify i was going to order the right SKU.

In the end i didn't go for it. The risk of import duty (on top of the premium Chinese price) out weighed the opportunity cost of waiting for a UK release.

Plus as heed mentioned, unwanted govt security measures are worth considering.

I would still be interested in hearing peoples opinions and experiences though.
    Sent from my Lumia 920 using Board Express
    04-09-2013 06:27 AM
    I will be there next week, and I want to buy one for me...
    Has anyone figured it out how this work.
    There are two versions on sale , the chinese and another.
    Please, if anyone knows!!! ??
    04-09-2013 08:02 AM