Surface Pro from China?

foaf

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Hi, has anyone purchased a Surface Pro from China? What's your experience? Is the physical product different (Chinese writing etc)? Is the software easy to change to English (or will i need to be able to read Chinese)?

I ask because i have family there, so could import it to the Uk (where there is still no release date). Any opinions welcome.
Sent from my Lumia 920 using Board Express

heed

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
I live in China and got someone to bring mine from the US. I wouldn't buy one here, because:
1) It comes with the Chinese version of the OS, which is usually unchangeable unless you have the enterprise version
2) Warranty service here ususally sucks compared to my experiences in the US
3) You never know what "special additions" the govt here asked MS to put in there for "public security". Just look at how MS handled that with Skype...

foaf

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for replies everyone. To be honest i meant the Surface Pro 128gb, not the China Edition, as i was aware it was Chinese language only. But good heads up to anyone thinking about it. I had to get a Chinese friend to verify i was going to order the right SKU.

In the end i didn't go for it. The risk of import duty (on top of the premium Chinese price) out weighed the opportunity cost of waiting for a UK release.

Plus as heed mentioned, unwanted govt security measures are worth considering.

I would still be interested in hearing peoples opinions and experiences though.
Sent from my Lumia 920 using Board Express

Flavio76

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I will be there next week, and I want to buy one for me...
Has anyone figured it out how this work.
There are two versions on sale , the chinese and another.
Please, if anyone knows!!! ??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium