Surface PRO almost available in UK

Steve Bellamy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
The long awaited release of the Surface PRO is finally here, with the PRO now available in the UK online Microsoft Store. However, there seems to be a problem with the store, as it will not complete the order. So it looks like I will have to wait still longer before getting my hands on the tech.

Steve Bellamy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Order now accepted!
I decided to use the online store after getting negative responses from the John Lewis staff in Canary Wharf at the start of the week. Other than the oxford street store, have stocks of Pro actually been seen yet?

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up. I wish they would have gave a slight discount if you bought the touch cover and surface together like what they did for the RT. Unless I'm missing something. I might end up holding out a bit longer to see what the retail stores offer.

Jim Chapman

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Ordered on the website at 5am this morning, and managed to enter credit card details OK - but the order did not immediately appear on the 'order history' page on the website. Got a confirmation email at 9am, at which time the order did then show up on the 'order history' page. Status on the order says "order in process" (and it looks like the money has been taken - or at least reserved - on the credit card).

Jim Chapman

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Thu 5am: ordered on MS website

Thu 9am: order appeared on the 'order history' page of the MS site, and I got order acknowledgement email.

Fri 5pm: order status changed from 'in process' to 'complete' with a UPS tracking link.

UPS tracking site shows that they're expecting to deliver some time on Tuesday.

SunithMandalia

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Got myself one from John Lewis on launch day, don't think they had many, went for the 128GB model, guy told me it was the last one, this was at midday. Loving it so far, speed difference compared to the RT is massive, which was to be expected. Even the MS apps don't seem sluggish anymore.

Steve Bellamy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft failed to deliver!
My Surface order has been lost by UPS. MS store can't say when it will arrive so I've cancelled. Probably wait for a Haswell based system now, or maybe get a Helix.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo