Microsoft discounting Surfaces for TechEd attendees

karmamule

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft's TechEd conference starts next week in New Orleans and I'll be heading there. I just got an e-mail saying they're selling attendees the 64gb Surface RT plus touchcover for $99 and the Surface Pro 128gb for $399. (Limit 1 each) I already have an RT so I'm picking up an RT for someone else and a Pro for myself.

If you know anyone heading to TechEd you might want to see if they'll get one for you! :)

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
why can't they sell it at these prices for normal customers? heck at 2x of these prices, they'd sell much better than they do now.
it is hard to make customer switch platforms and the best way to compel them is to have tempting prices IN ADDITION to unprecedented features.
personally, I jumped on WP8 not only because of the features and os designs but also because the phones are 1/2 the prices of other similar phones while having 2X the storage space. (well the Lumia 920 was)

roguedog

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Hey would be interested in getting either one if an attendee is willing. Pm me.

(Likely longshot but doesn't hurt to try. Btw, im sorta new here and a lurker but if you're leery you look up ebay rating - roguedog98.)

dstrauss

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
I can see it now - the week after the conference hundreds of Surface RT's on eBay for $300 - just guess where they will come from...

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
that's nothing compared to the HP TouchPad reselling after the firesale

they wont be 300 though, these profiteers will want 4-5 for them. pros will go close to retail. used surface prices on eBay show no signs of weakening. demand is high despite all the gloom and doom bull**** you read on BGR and enfadget.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss