I used to have a Surface RT, and with it I had a 32GB SD Card that I used to store my Picture, Video, Music, and Document libraries. Since Windows doesn't allow you to index removable storage natively, I found a solution from within the Surface RT forums here. Here is the solution given: Configure Surface to use MicroSD as Primary Storage | Matt Blogs IT

This solution worked beautifully on the RT, but now that I have a Pro I can't get it to work. I followed the instructions exactly as they were described in the link above, and I know I did it right because like I said, it was flawless on the RT. The problem is that the card won't Auto-Mount upon startup. Task Scheduler says that the task executed properly, but the drive isn't there. When I type the "Mount-DiskImage D:\Libraries.vhdx" command directly into Powershell (run as administrator, of course) it tells me that Access is Denied. I'm certain that this is the problem, but I can't find a solution anywhere! I can manually mount the drive by accessing it from within the root of the SD Card, but the weird part is that Windows tells me that there was an error while mounting the card even though it mounts anyway. Not sure if that's related or not.

Does anyone here have any suggestions as to what might be causing this?
    06-13-2013 07:52 PM