New Surface Pro device being released this year?

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
With the RT's prices being slashed (I think its because of inventory and a new RT for this upcoming Christmas season) today. I'm curious, are we going to see the same thing happening with the Pro soon? I just can't see Microsoft going into this important Christmas season with old devices. Even though I haven't bit the bullet and picked one up yet, I think the current device is looking pretty good. The question. Pick up an old Pro (if the prices are slashed) or wait till the newest greatest is released soon (as I predict).

SB5

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm probably going to wait for the next gen however still not sure if I'll get the RT or the Pro. The Pro might have the Intel Haswell chip which drastically helps the battery. So I would probably wait if I were you, no matter how tempting it gets lol

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I believe we will see Pros with Haswell this year, which should be awesome! If I were looking to get a Pro, I'd wait for the Haswell-powered ones.

tiziano27

Banned
Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Haswell ULV (Ultra Low Voltage) and Atom View Valley will be released in September, I don't know if it's enough time to target the Christmas season.

I think surface pro 2 will have an amazing battery life but an important decrease in performance compared to the first model.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
Haswell ULV (Ultra Low Voltage) and Atom View Valley will be released in September, I don't know if it's enough time to target the Christmas season.

I don't know why. I'm sure Microsoft already has the new chips (samples) and probably has the Pro 2 prototype built. Christmas season starts to kick off late October. Once the new chips are available, start slapping them in the new Pros and ship them off.

jlzimmerman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I've been reading rumor news that M$ is set to release four new devices this fall: The Surface 2, the Surface Pro 2, 7" Surface, and Surface Book.

The Surface 2 and 7" Surface will have a 4G LTE Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 chip.
The Surface Pro 2 (bumped to an 11" screen) may abandon Intel and go with the new AMD Tamesh chip.
The Surface book (14" screen) would get the Intel Haswell that originally rumored to go in the Surface Pro 2.

FlashFlare11

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I've been reading rumor news that M$ is set to release four new devices this fall: The Surface 2, the Surface Pro 2, 7" Surface, and Surface Book.

The Surface 2 and 7" Surface will have a 4G LTE Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 chip.
The Surface Pro 2 (bumped to an 11" screen) may abandon Intel and go with the new AMD Tamesh chip.
The Surface book (14" screen) would get the Intel Haswell that originally rumored to go in the Surface Pro 2.
I, personally, am most excited for the Surface "book". I really like the Surface hardware and Windows 8 Pro running on Microsoft proprietary hardware is a dream. I found the Surface to be a bit too small to replace my Dell, but if MS puts out a 14" ultrabook, I'm sold. By the way, how much weight does this rumor hold?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers