Is anyone else having horrid problems with Metro IE locking up?

After weeks of frustration, I finally disabled Adobe Flash and what a difference! Ironically enough, visiting WP Central's site would almost always cause IE to lock up from the Flash advertisements. I notice YouTube embedded videos still work, but some of the menu looks slightly different, I'm assuming it's streaming using HTML5 maybe?

I don't use the Metro IE on my desktop computers at work or home, but it's definitely finger friendly on my Surface Pro. Desktop IE doesn't seem to lock up from those issues like the metro version. I know Adobe keeps pushing out updates, but Microsoft needs to see why Flash is causing such an issue inside of Internet Explorer. Aside from that, IE works great. I'll just have to live without animated ads I guess.
    07-23-2013 08:45 PM
    I hate Adobe Flash myself, hence why I usually leave it disabled and only re-enable it on the fly when a site requires it. I, of course, always make sure I turn it back off afterwards.

Flash is a mega resource hog and it's slow. I hate it with all my heart and soul, it's time for it to die.
    Tempest790 likes this.
    07-23-2013 08:56 PM
    I hate Adobe Flash myself, hence why I usually leave it disabled and only re-enable it on the fly when a site requires it. I, of course, always make sure I turn it back off afterwards.

Flash is a mega resource hog and it's slow. I hate it with all my heart and soul, it's time for it to die.
    how do you disable it?
    07-23-2013 10:05 PM
    how do you disable it?
    If you disable it in the desktop IE under Add-Ons it will also disable it in metro IE. Just look for Shockwave Flash.
    rdubmu likes this.
    07-23-2013 11:32 PM