Bluestacks On Surface Pro

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone gotten Bluestacks to run on the Surface Pro? If so, how did you do it? Is rolling back the video driver the only option?

Last edited:

Cobthaich

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I have tried multiple times, rolling back the drivers, installing the new drivers etc. I have never gotten it to work properly, some applications will work, a lot crash or do not start. It seems very buggy at the moment.

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
I have tried multiple times, rolling back the drivers, installing the new drivers etc. I have never gotten it to work properly, some applications will work, a lot crash or do not start. It seems very buggy at the moment.

Yeah and their support will not answer. This is such an amazing idea...why they just quit working on it to update to the latest drivers is a mystery.

Moviefun

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
This actually has nothing to do with Bluestacks in my experience. The Intel HD 4000 driver is the culprit and MANY video intensive applications are suffering from the same fate. I have about 4 applications that will not run with the current Microsoft driver. My experience is to roll back and/or un-install it and install the Intel driver from their website.

The trick is to turn off automatic updates so it doesn't happen again.

I've been successful for the past few weeks once I stopped this driver from updating.

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
This actually has nothing to do with Bluestacks in my experience. The Intel HD 4000 driver is the culprit and MANY video intensive applications are suffering from the same fate. I have about 4 applications that will not run with the current Microsoft driver. My experience is to roll back and/or un-install it and install the Intel driver from their website.

The trick is to turn off automatic updates so it doesn't happen again.

I've been successful for the past few weeks once I stopped this driver from updating.

Does rolling back the video driver affect anything else on the Surface? I'd hate to roll it back just for this one application and mess something else up.

Dethzilla

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
From what I understand.... the Video Driver you get directly from HP fixes most problems without causing harm to other applications.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos